Yummy Food, quite big volume also, but why easily hungry quickly?

For some reason, even though I raise up the fat and the salt in the food that I cook, I will get hungry just about 3 hours after I eat them.(The yummy food that I mentioned in this thread is already quite nice: It lasts me for about 5~6 hours)

For the fat, I put in basically 15~20grams of butter + a little bit of olive oil(maybe 5g) + sesame oil(also a little bit, for fragrance purpose)
For the salt, I use pink sea salt, and the food is already tasty enough with all the salt that I put in(if I put more, it will get too salty: I am sure of it)
For the food that I cooked, I put in…

1. 100~200g of lettuce
  2. 100g++ of mushroom
  3. about 250g of meat(pork, lean meat slice, but those slices are quite fatty visibly also)

I stir-fry them. I put it into the warmer. I eat them for lunner.(Lunch + Dinner, at around 4:30PM)
At around 10PM, I already feel hungry and feel like eating something again. And it is after I drink water. Lots.(In fact, just from 4PM to 10PM, I already drink about 3 litres of water.)

But the amount should be quite a lot, right?

Fat: Checked, quite a lot.
Protein: This much of meat should be quite well enough, right?
Carb: I don’t think there is any bad carb.(I know veggie has carb, but I think by the food that I cooked, it is at most 5g…)
Micronutrient: Pink sea salt should have settled it.
Volume: The volume of the food should be quite a lot.

What am I misunderstanding?

If the reason is just because I am not fat-adapted, then I really need to race my way to there… or else if this keeps going on, I can eat till I get very poor. I am hoping for no break of the combo now. I am praying for at least 3-months no break now. Please, don’t let there be any more accident that I forgot to consider.
If it is because of too many protein, I find it hard to imagine that, with smaller volume, I can get full and satisfied.

Note: and I don’t think this volume of food is small for a standard Asian size.(In fact, I am around 72kg, 165cm. The scale is measured at January, when I just started to experiment around with Keto. Now at May, lots of people said that I get slimmer, and ask me not to get slimmer anymore… which means the 72kg is likely not my current data anymore. <_<)

Adding up the calories of that, its between 800-900 calories. 800-900 calories per day might not be enough at 158 pounds if you’re already lean. Add avocados :smiley:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #3

Probably still not enough fat

You don’t seem that much overweight…
Add more butter and affordable but good fats.
Ask your butcher for the cheapest fatter cuts of meat.
Pork belly and especially backfat from pork( 3 bucks a kilo) is super cheap where I live (I grind the backfat and add it to the ridiculously lean ground meat)
Offal is very cheap and nutritious or any meat that is ‘tough’ but just perfect for slow cooking…

There are threads around for keto on a budget…

(CharleyD) #4

In this stage I myself went to sleep hungry/not-fed/fasted. I feel like that accelerated my fat adaptation, especially after taking my typical easy 5k walk about an hour before bed.

There’s only been a handful of times since I went Keto where I ate right before bed, and I could tell when I woke up that it was the wrong thing to do. You won’t get good deep sleep and recovery if you eat before bed.

(Troy) #5

So true!
The very reason why I do not eat past 7pm …never
Rarely, do I ever eat past 6pm

Huh? Like that, the calories is not even 1k? How? I thought it is very easy to shoot very high up for the calories?

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #7

do you track in any way? when starting out i find it helpful just until you get a hang of it, and then again when you feel like you are slowly sliding off the rails.

not really, and I find it annoying to track. As in, even without tracking, I already felt quite restricted… If I am to track it, then basically everything has carb, and then all of them add up… I am not amused just by estimating about the figure.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #9

I would suggest to do it to track if you it too little calories, too little fat, just with guesstimating it gets really hard to pinpoint a problem…

of course it is your choice but it is the easiest way to troubleshoot, often what you think you eat is not what you actually eating.

… I see your point.
But I don’t know how accurate it is to use those apps. And, actually now that I think about it, I find hard not to wonder…
If a burger from fast food chain can have over 1k of calories, how come the food that I mentioned in the thread has lower calories?

What thing in the burger contributed majority of the calories?

It is something that I have been wondering.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #11

Chronometer is cool because it shows macros and micro nutrients. Should you ever consider to give it a try…
Sugar sugar and more sugar. In the bun, in the meat, in the sauce… Mostly bun and sauce though…

(Mike W.) #12

The bun.

Senza is a good app to track foods, it tracks macros and you can plug in recipes to have that info. My body cannot tolerate a gallon of water a day, so as I am new to keto, I also listen to my body.

That small bun is just a small bun… how? O_O

… Small volume has this much of calories… erm…