Youtube...IF

newbies

(Kerin ) #1

[Dr. Berg]
(https://youtu.be/3wzqzatqed8)

I like this guy for answers. Also, at 9 pm I am beginning my fast. I am planning to go 60 hours.
I’m going to use this thread to document if that’s okay.

(Chris W) #2

Have you fasted before?
Have you fasted that long?
Do you understand re-feeding syndrome?
I would not encourage you to fast that long this soon, you are only a few days in, a lot is still happening. If you have not fasted I would work up to it, I did a few 48 hour fasts, then moved up, and I made some bad mistakes along the way stop the fast if you feel off or lethargic. I hope you are well nourished before you started.

@Deary75, Just FYI there’s a fasting thread each month if you want company. Here’s the one for June.

(Chris W) #5

I would say that fasting as tool is fine, but don’t get hung up on it as a way to either become, only be ketogenic or loose weight. My personal experience fasting before fat adaption was pretty miserable, that was also a about a month in. I am not an expert at fasting but I have done it and used to accomplish certain goals oddly enough the one time I used it to accomplish the goal of loosing weight in a predetermined amount of time it failed. The funny thing is that in the time frame aspect it was really me just be un happy with my forward movement which like more than not caused me to slow down even more as I was getting upset about it. The other times I have used it, I never really planned it or decided that it will x hours long other than knowing I will need to be eating with someone at a certain point in the future.
As @Madeleine says there is a fasting area, you will find help there if you need it outside of the normal newbie level of questions.
Again I will re state my advice and that is to not fast at this point esp if you are still having hunger prangs, I think its more important to be ready to fast properly than to jump in when your body is only half prepared.
Also I think you need to take a step back and look at what you are eating a little closer, most everything we eat has a small amount of carbs in it. Don’t get hung up on lettuce having carbs, the amount it would take for you to be knocked out of ketosis is quite large. Your body can deal with small amounts of carbs just fine, its when you get large volumes and certain types at once that you need to be worried about. You still like it or not are running off of glucose, and a small amount is not anything to be concerned about.

(Kerin ) #6

Well, I’m done with work for the day and am currently feeling like a little snack (as normal) but am tired more than anything.
So far I’m mostly just taking notice on signals from my body. Only 19 hours or less if the whipped cream counted.

(Kerin ) #7

Well, 7:30 pm and I am done. I just saw too many edibles advertised and had 2 Italian sausage link with a tbsp of olive oil.
I mean, really I am new to keto and all, but I think I made a good choice today.
22 hours and feeling great!
One thing I learned is diet soda IS not a good choice. Plenty of YouTube videos on this.