Your obsolete wardrobe

(Naomi Brewster) #21

I sewed 4inches off the back of my bra - does that count? My mama taught me to sew but I’m super lazy at getting the sewing machine out but it is a good idea and would certainly get you through the transition phases

(Heather Miller) #22

Agreeing with everyone about the second hand and charity shops! They are my go to places right now as I am still losing. Don’t need to buy new when I only plan on being this size for a while! Have also convinced friends to start keto and we exchange clothes regularly…you just need one person a size larger and one a size smaller and create a hand me down train.

Started in Mar 2017 at size 2x/22, have gone down monthly to now size M/10!

Love buying clothes now, and skinny jeans are my favorite!

(Karen) #23

I sew well, but I shop at and donate to our local charity any clothing items. Your larger clothing is appreciated in the thrifts, due to the high population of larger sized clients.

Seriously jealous! I was the same size and am now only up to a L/XL 14/14W

(Heather Miller) #25

Keep going @Saphire. You can go lower if you want to. I found I hit several plateaus and had to add some 48 to 72 hr fasts onto my regular IF to break through! Most important is to improve our health and we know we are doing that! KCKO!

Thank you.

At what points time wise and or weight or size did you hit plateaus? How long did it take you to break them

I have been doing IF and extended fasts from the beginning in Mid to late March started fasting before keto but was not on Sad, was moderate carb no flour no gluten preketo. Then started keto mid April. It used to be I would lose 5 lbs on a 5 day fast and be able to maintain it on keto. Lately I have not wanted to fast beyond incidental 24 hour fasts because I am too busy to eat. I started 5 day fasting in late May and that nicely broke my first stall and moved everything along quickly. Prior to that I had been going about 40 hours without much trying

Last major weight loss until this week was mid September and then I was frustrated because the scale did not move and even went up and down despite no cheating. I added a very small amount of exercise 3 weeks ago because I am really trying to be smaller for a party in 2 weeks that I am hosting (I know it is a long term process but a million pictures will be taken and I have not chosen a dress, I keep hoping I can get to the next size). This week was stressful and busy and I got very little sleep due to circumstances beyond my control. I lost 3 lbs which is the first real weight lost since September. The interesting thing is that people who saw me 2 weeks ago and had not seen me since September said I looked much smaller and I think I did go down a size without any scale change but since I rarely shop now it is hard to tell. I know nothing in my closet fits because the last time I was this size was almost 20 years ago. I usually buy cheap T shirts from the big boxes for $3-10 per shirt. I also did that at size 22, then I expected them to last

(Marie Dantoni) #27

I think you’re body is doing exactly what you want it to do. Getting smaller means more rhan a number on the scale. I think you should buy a few new things so you can experience how awesome the changes really are.

(Heather Miller) #28

I have hit several. Started keto and IF in March, plateaued in mid June but broke easily with a 3 day fast. Again in late July and again easy to break.

Went on holidays in Sept, ate 85% keto but stalled while away and for a bit upon return. Jet lag does crazy things to me! The last while in have been doing 2 fasts per week. I eat Sunday dinner (fast 44 to 48), Tuesday late snack lunch and dinner and then either Thursday lunch, dinner or Fri breakfast ( 44 to 68) depending how I feel!

That is awesome! Sometimes we should just throw the scale away! Remember if the scsle is not moving our bodies are still healing and often moving things around. Always good to find the non scale victories to make us proud of how far we have come.