Your dogs - let's see them

pets

(Ashley) #1041

I’m so glad he only had to have the one side done! :heart: I know it sucks to see him in pain right now but the amount of relief you will be giving him will be worth it in the end!

(Susan) #1042

I am so happy for this darling dog that he has such a wonderful Human Mum. You are a terrific woman, Allie, and all humans and animals that come into contact with you (including all of us on here) are blessed. I wish that I could give you a big hug.

(Allie) #1043

Bertie pic just because… :heart:

He wanted to come out on the bike with me but sadly that’s a long way off, if it’s ever going to happen at all with his joints.

Weigh in today, 27 weeks old, 39.8KG :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

(Marianne) #1044

Oh, I’m so sorry. It is horrendous when they are in any discomfort. I hope he is doing much better!!!

(Marianne) #1045

Oh, God bless!!! That is such good news!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #1047

Not my dogs, but… This so-called ‘dog park’ below my balcony has been under construction for the better part of 2 years! Before that this little cul de sac was a people park. It contained about a dozen large oak and maple trees and many smaller trees growing between them. There were also several large rhododendrons. All gone now. Looks like there’s just about as much concrete as not in this new ‘dog park’ and the green is not real grass, just a carpet. We were promised trees, but I don’t see any.

(Doug) #1048

Michael, that looks like somebody was playing a ‘city builder’ type of computer game. They deleted all the trees and then put down the white border and then…

In the Atlanta area there are dog-themed ‘parks’ that make me roll my eyes and say, “Ugh…” Here’s the description: “with expansive greenspace for dogs to go off-leash, cooling stations and a bath area, shaded seating, wifi and televisions. Fetch will also feature a vintage Airstream trailer with a selection of beer, wine and spirits, as well as a complete coffee bar.”

It’s free for people to enter but if you want to bring your dog in it’s $10. :roll_eyes:

(Ashley) #1049

How is he doing now? Poor guy, I hope it’s getting a bit easier for him.

(Allie) #1050

@monsterjuice he’s bored and frustrated, but gradually improving. Some days he’s really stiff and sore, but most days he seems happier than he was before the surgery.

Bertie’s crate that he sleeps in weighs about 20kg and he keeps pulling it around the room putting it in different places! One very strong pup now over 40kg in weight and standing 24" at the shoulder with still a lot of growing to do :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

(Ashley) #1051

This is happy news to hear, sounds like he’s slowly on the mend! I am hoping for the happy news he’s out getting walks and happier times ahead for him! Knowing you he has a lot of chews to keep him mentally stimulated! :heart:

(Allie) #1052

Here’s my little man sitting nicely in the car :grinning:

(Ashley) #1053

What a good big boy lol! He’s too cute. And he’s still growing gosh! I love the bandana! :heart:

(Jane) #1054

I just ordered a canine DNA test for Ella from chewy.com. Will post the results in another month when I get the results along with a recent pic.

Should be fun to find out some of the genetics in my mixed mutt! :smiley:

She is the most protective dog I’ve ever had - more so of me than my husband. If he is working outside she will eventually come inside to be with me. If I am working outside she won’t leave me no matter how long I stay outside.

(Ashley) #1055

I’d love to know what my zero is mixed with, I know he’s border collie, pretty sure he’s springer spaniel too, but wonder what else. My little one Luna would be interesting too, she’s a mix of some sort too, i think part chihuahua but I could be wrong!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #1056

147229576_4412071342141585_2449793999420338212_n%20(1)

(Allie) #1057

Weighing in at 43.4kg and deciding he wanted to ride home in the front seat… image resizing on here always makes them sideways :pensive:

(Jane) #1058

Wow. 95 lbs!

He always looks so calm. I have no idea how much Ella weighs because she gets so amped up going to the vet she won’t be still on the platform scale long enough for it to register. It bounced up to 80-something lbs once but could have been her wiggling.

(Allie) #1059

He is usually calm but when the mood takes him, it’s a lot of dog to leap around :joy: we go to a park store to weigh in and they keep a chart of his progress for me.

Today I’m sure he’s taller than yesterday :joy:

(Allie) #1060

Here’s my baby today, showing off the new collar I had to get him to fit his 21” neck. This morning, at seven months old, Bertie weighed in at 44.7kg so he is still growing crazy fast. But, in the last few days, we have really turned a corner in his recovery :grinning: He’s in lots less pain now and managing to walk more. Still restricted, limited to very slow walks for short distances as it seems to be the walking speed rather than the distance that sets him back. Hard for me as I tend to go at 100mph everywhere, but I’ll do whatever my baby needs me to do to help his recovery :heart:

(Allie) #1061

My baby, eight months old.

We have turned a real corner in his recovery now, as you can see. This morning was the first time Bertie was able to go off the lead after his surgery and he absolutely LOVED it! He only had a few mins running around but we had to walk home afterwards and he didn’t struggle at all, in fact he seemed really energised and has been happy end full of bounce all day :heart: