Yogurt

I’m joking of course, call that muck whatever you want.
:smiley:

(Allie) #42

I’ve been having full fat Greek yoghurt regularly for the last couple of months and yes, it’s addictive… it’s one of the things I’ve just cut completely after gaining some very visible fat :pensive:

Stick to what you believe in!

(Allie) #44

Yeah, I’m back to what I know works.
Don’t know if it was the carbs, or the calories, or even just the dairy - but yoghurt is a definite no here.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #45

From etymonline.com:

yogurt (n.)

also yoghurt, 1620’s, a mispronunciation of Turkish yogurt, in which the -g- is a “soft” sound, in many dialects closer to an English “w.” The root yog means roughly “to condense” and is related to yogun “intense,” yogush “liquify” (of water vapor), yogur “knead.”

So it would seem the French yaourt is actually closer to the Turkish pronunciation.

Yoghurt.

:smiley:

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #47

Whatever it is, you can make it easily at home …… problem is I’ve got no idea whether my yogflop is Kent, Greece or London. I’m unable to measure the content of anything…. Except meat I could have a stab at :grinning:

I measure the container with the fat before and after. No extra cup. I only need to clean the bowl I make the mixing in - or nothing if I use a pan as I don’t wash that all the time, no need.
And if I eat yogurt from its container, only the already “dirty” container stays dirty.
I need the scale for many other measurements anyway.

Sometimes I use standard spoons though, in the rare cases when it’s handy, even for things with air where it’s not so accurate but who cares.
But sometimes it’s WILDLY not accurate, a cup may be some weight or TWICE of it. And the cup measurement is often used for things which don’t even fit into a cup without cutting them up very much and even so, there’s the air… I have most problem with that. But I need weight anyway as I don’t dirty a cup as I wrote. A teapoon, maybe but not a cup :wink:

I do many things all by myself but I never would bother with yogurt… Of course, it’s me. Not a huge yogurt lover and I can just buy fine yogurt easily.
I made my coconut milk as it was way simpler, cheaper and better. I need to get something out of it…

Oh didn’t know that. It’s joghurt in Hungarian, the jog part sounds about the same as the yog in English but we totally pronounce the h :slight_smile:

By the way, I finished my yogurt yesterday. So my lots of sugar comes from milk now, again… (I have some serious phase.)
It’s July with all the fruit seasons (I probably had like 8 a few days ago) and I probably get most of the sugar from carnivore food on most days… I am not tracking so it’s but a guess and some days are more fruity…