Yogurt

Well, I have had no yogurt in ages. So, when doing my online grocery shopping, I came across a “Brown Cow, full milk, cream top” yogurt. I read up on it and apparently it is made from whole milk, and that includes the cream. Cream always floats to the top. When I was a kid and we had fresh, raw milk right after the milking took place, mom boiled it and there was a skin on top that we practically fought over - it was the cream. I couldn’t resist and bought this yogurt and - it is scrumptious. The cream top is very rich, and there really is no flavoring needed, plain is just perfect. Yum! I’ll be hooked on this.

Pics? Brand? Nutritional stats?
I’ll see if we have something similar.

Sounds good though!

Maybe not as rich as clotted cream, but you could probably use it more often?

Brand is Brown Cow.

Ingredients

Our Recipe: Cultured Pasteurized Whole Milk, Pectin.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 0.75 cup
Servings Per Container About 5

Amount Per Serving
Calories 140

% Daily Value
    Total Fat 8g12%daily value
    Total FatSaturated Fat 3.5g18%daily value
    Total FatTrans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 25mg8%daily value
Sodium 80mg3%daily value
    Total Carbohydrate 12g4%daily value
    Total CarbohydrateDietary Fiber 0g0%daily value
    Total CarbohydrateSugars 8g
Protein 6g

I have been avoiding yogurt because - carbs. But I’ll make room for this on carni days. One portion is more than ample for me, half a portion more likely.

No, it’s not like clotted cream. It’s very much yogurt, but with an added creaminess that pushes my buttons.

You’re probaly right, I just love the clotted cream, but i only buy it on a rare occasion.

Yeah, and that’s just one table spoon. I had it in London though and it was wonderful.

(KM) #8

How is there half a gram of fiber in clotted cream?

(KM) #9

Or 173 calories, for that matter??

(KM) #10

Or 19 grams in a tablespoon?

Ask this site:
Carbs in Specially Selected Traditional Cornish Clotted Cream | Carb Manager

I suspect it may refer to loaded tbsp as opposed to level tbsp of course.

I also notice the spelling of fibre was fiber…I’ll try to find a UK site (in case there are differences in carb/fibre interpretation).

You’re right, it should be by 100 gram serving, although it does say 30 grams serving…

Same disease that poisoned MyFitnessPal years ago, allowing user data to show instead of official databases. Serving size of every Yogurt I buy is 170g.

Love Yogurt! Use it in a ton of stuff. I’ve been going with the Oikos Pro, 25g protein per serving :grin:

(KM) #15

No, I think I’m just going to assume they’re wrong. A tablespoon of pure oil, 100% fat, only has 120 calories and weighs 13 grams. Butter 100 and 14. Yogurt 15.

Nevertheless I do agree it’s yummy and very rich.

They say 30 grams…would that be 276 calories equivalence in pure oil?

In which case, the clotted cream on show has 173 calories per 30 gram serving, which is a lot lower calorifically than the pure oil stats you quote (276 calories pure oil).

(KM) #18

That makes more sense but the stated portion size is 1 T. This is probably 2T.

30 grams!

But I see your point, as I said, it should be standardised at 100grams across the board, definitely.
:slight_smile:

(KM) #20

I also still don’t know what fiber, fibre or fybear for that matter is doing in there. This ought to be a 100% animal product. Did they include the table linen? :grin: