YOGA is for EVERY BODY. Every one. For reals!

yoga
meditation
ketofest

(Adam L) #21

BANG - me too it’s awesome!

(Becky Searls) #22

This is a great thread! I’ve been practicing yoga for about 10 years and I JUST signed up for my 200-hour YTT (Yoga Teacher Training) with a woman who is all about the mindfulness aspect of the practice. I am SO excited. I’ve been Keto since about early November – still pretty green – but am LOVING how I feel, the energy, and the totally unexpected but very welcome 20 pound weight loss!

(kristin) #23

Ooh following this thread. I’ve been an off and on again practioner of yoga. Restorative mainly with a side of Hatha. Thank you for starting this. I’ve never seen Starfish pose and am going to try it today!!!

(Julie Pegler) #24

Starfish is one of my favorites!! It’s Yin yoga- Hatha is also one of my favorites!

(Sandra Watson) #25

I love Hatha and Power - I know some people hate a HOT Room but I just LOVE it. I had to quit when I started KETO as I had some particular issues that stopped me from working out. I could not believe after a year off how easy it was to jump back in. Not only that is I have FAR much more endurance than the people in the room half my age almost to the point it freaks me out. I did try Yin the other day, not so much my style but I can see how it would be beneficial to people. I find the teacher makes a HUGE difference in my practice. With that said, I have learned to adapt :wink:

(Sandra Watson) #26

Part of yoga for me is the energy in the room so I would encourage, if you can, do a group class along with your own personal time if at all possible. Just to see the benefits of that side :wink:

(Julie Pegler) #27

so true!! I am a teacher but I RARELY do yoga on my own, because its just not the same as a room full of people.

(Keto in Katy) #28

Great thread! Yoga and meditation have been wonderful practices for me. Along with 3.5 years of keto I have never felt so good.

Peace y’all! :smiley:

I started yoga by creating a playlist of beginner standing yoga videos on YouTube. I have concrete floors, nine people, 2 toddler grandkids, 4 cats, 3 dogs. … being on the floor is hard to do for more reasons than one.

I could go through videos, pick what I liked, and make my own workouts the way I wanted. It’s awesome. It is a great way to get into exercise.