“Yeah...I’m losing muscle doing Keto and fasting” 😊

(Ron D. Garrett) #1

“Don’t fast food” they said. “Fasting will make you lose muscle mass” they said. Keto is “unhealthy” they said. Well…do I look like I’m losing muscle mass to you? My arms are actually a half centimeter bigger now than they were when I weighed over 300lbs. As far as Keto being “unhealthy” if that was true then how in the world could I go from being fully diabetic with an HBA1C of close to 10 down to a constant level below 5.3? If Keto is “unhealthy” then how in the world am I healthier at 51 according to my lab work and medical tests than I was at 30 years old? No…I was “unhealthy” when I followed the doctors/nutritionists advice and ate the standard American diet (SAD…how appropriate) that is full of killer sugar and carbs. So keep on hating while I keep on praising God for bringing Keto in my life. He could have healed me outright but through this keto journey I’ve discovered things in me that were hidden that now have been exposed to HIS light and I wouldn’t change a thing! So keep calm and Keto on my friends!

Ron “Big Black” Garrett.

#keto #ketolife #ketolifestyle #ronbigblackgarrett #ketoinspiration #ketoathlete
#ketogenic #lchf #ketodiet #ketocommunity #lowcarb #lowcarblifestyle #eatfatloseweight #fatforfuel #Keto4Jesus

(Ken) #2

I hear you buddy. You’re in what I call the “Major-League Pissed-Off Stage”. It’s when you’ve had massive, positive health benefits and totally realize you’ve been lied to for years.

I went through it too, and I’m still PO’d, but I finally figured out people are less receptive when you really show it. So, I try not to, but sometimes I’m not successful.

Something that often comes to my mind is what I taught my sons, that liars also consider that you are stupid enough to believe them.

(Ron D. Garrett) #3

I actually really laugh at people about this stuff. Here I am a former bodybuilder who you would think people would know that I should know if I’m losing muscle or not yet they still come to me with that nonsense so this was my retort for the day :joy:. Everything meant very sarcastically lol. Thank you

(Ken) #4

Hey, remember the old “Supercuts” book from the 1980s? It all seems so crazy now.

(Ron D. Garrett) #5

Ikr?

(Troy) #6

Amen!!
Nice Praise report my friend!:rofl:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #7

Hey I lost 24 pounds with fasting last year, gained it all back, but 10 were muscle, so not too bad right?
(Never had done as little workout in YEARS as I did last year)

(Joe) #8

Down thirty pounds with total 100% maintenance of muscle mass. By far one of the biggest benefits of keto if you ask me. Ibprobanly lost 15 pounds of muscle mass when vegan.

(Ron D. Garrett) #9

Awesome! Love it

(Ron D. Garrett) #10

They don’t know it’s good for them :joy:

(Ron D. Garrett) #11

Thank you!!

(charlie3) #12

Thanks a bunch for checking in. I’m guessing that keto and fasting will have a big impact on bodybuilding because they make cutting fat easier. Am I making a good guess?

I was a serious hobby lifter 30 years ago. Back then I could grow muscle but following the standard nutritional advice at the time prevented me from getting rid of enough fat to show it off. Now I’m back at age 69 and the situation might be reversed. Getting really lean (by dropping 20 pounds) was easy, but so far putting that back as muscle, not so easy. I’m a hard gainer so far.

(Ron D. Garrett) #13

For me at 51 I’ve been able to put some on so I hope that the same will be for you

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #14

No Sir, you certainly do not! :clap::clap::clap:

(Ron D. Garrett) #15

:joy: thank you!!!

(Raj Seth) #16

Ummmmm. Objects in mirror may appear larger than real. I’m sure that is a trick photograph.
You haven’t been eating your 50-60% calories from carbs, have you? :rage:
You need to resume a heart healthy low fat diet, pronto!
And yeah, one more thing - don’t ever skip a meal or you will enter starvation mode and waste away.
You look like you probably lost 50% of your muscle mass when you didn’t eat your 3 squares w 3 snacks in between.
Call 911 - they need to haul your sorry ass to the ER and give you a glucose IV drip stat.
Oh yeah - bring your insulin kit, sulfonylureas, byetta and Januvia too so we can catch you up on all your missed medications PAL! You listening. We’re SAVING YOUR LIFE HERE!!

Makes me MAAAAD. :rage::rage:

(Raj Seth) #17

I’ve never done body building or heavy lifting. However, once I’m half the man i used to be (SW 300, CW 220, TW 150), I KNOW my six pack will appear from behind the keg I have around it now!!

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

(Ron D. Garrett) #18

:joy: love it!!! Ikr?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #19

Bro, if that picture is you after muscle loss, I want a copy of your menu plan! I see why they call you Big Black.

“In the same way, let your ketosis shine before others, so that they may see your healthy diet and give glory to your Father in heaven.” (II Dudes, 3:24).

(Ron D. Garrett) #20

Amen!! :joy:. Just had a slab of fatty ribs…this Keto thing is so hard :joy: