Yay! Stomach rolls!

(Leslie Gardner) #1

I’m a lurker who has been eagerly absorbing all the good info since i began. So I’m hitting my 6th week of keto. I was feeling pretty crappy after the initial 6 pound weight loss the first week and then NOTHING lost after that despite strictly following the rules and working out 6 days a week. Taking advice from others on the forum, I stopped my daily visits to the P.O.S lying liar (scale) and focused on NSV of which there were many.

Today I sat down and felt skin rolls up my side as I adjusted my shirt. Previously, my stomach was just a hard pad of fat that didn’t fold when I bent over. Looks like a lot of gut fat has been self-consumed (omm nom nom) leaving behind loose skin. I NEVER thought i would be celebrating stomach rolls!!

(Darlene Horsley) #2

Yeeeaaay you! Goood jawwwb!

(Raj Seth) #3

photos photos photos
you can post all those embarrasing and shocking photos that you cant show anyone else on these forums - many of us have been there, and no one will judge you.
I didnt realize the progress I had made till I looked at side by side photos, before and during - because there is no “after” once you go Keto!!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

I’m with you all the way on this! Celebrating fat rolls is how you know you’re a ketoer—one of the ways, anyway, lol! :bacon:

(Dameon Welch-Abernathy) #5

That and increasingly larger fat dimples.

(Kirk) #6

My love handles are completely gone. They weren’t getting much use anyway at 62.

(Alec) #7

Leslie
You are hardcore keto! Fantastic!

I have also been watching my stomach rolls slowly just dissolving over time, and am now left with a small bump! I can now actually feel solid muscle in my stomach (can’t see it yet, but give it time!).

I was worried about the skin becoming loose around my weight loss areas, but this seems not to be an issue (yet). It may be because I am fasting each week, and maybe autophagy is eating my spare skin, or it may be just normal body processing, and I shouldn’t have worried.

Well done on your NSV! KCKO!
Cheers
Alec

(Leslie Gardner) #8

Thanks!! I’ve been working out to build muscle and slathering myself with coconut oil/shea butter/cocoa butter to stave off the loose skin. We’ll see. I like the fact that my keto pantry items have dual purpose inside my body and out. Gotta love it! What fasting schedule are you doing?

(Leslie Gardner) #9

People are so brave posting their photos. They have been an inspiration. Someday I’ll get the courage and pay it forward. The initial photo I took was shocking. I had avoided full length mirrors (Look away!! Look away!! As I scurry past them) and photos for years, so the hard truth was tough. BUT NECESSARY.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #10

Hey, I’m 62! Thank goodness I’m too keto to be depressed . . . lol!

(Rob) #11

And THAT’S being kind! They lie and enjoy it. I used t oweigh myself on this large, professional looking scale at the grocery store I shop at. I snapped the picture below where it was showing its true colors.

(Pablo Rodriges) #12

I have done keto since 1.1.2018 the first weeks I felt like shit, did not get enough greens.
I was eating 3 times a day first, then slowly down to 2 times and then 7 days with one meal a day.
after the 7 days OMAD I did 7 days water fasting, with only black Coffie and water. Then I went back To OMAD for some time, then I did 3 days dry fasting and back to OMAD for some time, then another 3 days dry fasting. again back to OMAD for some time, then I did 4 days dry fasting. my start weight was 94 kilo and now I am down to 70 kilo so total loss is 24 kilo
the only way for me to louse fat is with dry fasting, OMAD just keep me in the same weight.
but every time during the dry fast l am really losing body fat, not muchles. I go gym every day.
I am 58 old man from Norway living in hot Manila the Philippines.

(Alec) #13

Leslie
Sorry, I missed your question. I do a 5:2 fast, eating nothing on Monday and Thursday. Has been working a treat for me.
Cheers
Alec