Y’all Check Out This Old Geezer

(Geoffrey) #1

I was asked by Dave Mac to be interviewed on his Utube channel No Carb Life.
This was my first time to do anything like this so if you choose to watch it please forgive me for not being a very good speaker.
I had a blast doing this interview and thank Dave for the opportunity.
Y’all go on over to his channel and give him a thumbs up and if you like his content then subscribe to his channel. I think it’s worth it.
Just don’t hold my interview against him. :laughing:

(Brandon Rumann) #2

BS”D

Great job Geoff! I think you did really well expressing your experience on carnivore! You’re a natural :slight_smile:

I have done carnivore keto in the past and am getting back into it, it’s one of the most effective diets I’ve ever had, and I felt great doing it.

I want to post my experience and numbers and hopefully will do so in one of the community forums.

So glad to hear it’s going well for you and keep up the awesomeness

I only listened to the first 11 minutes at this point. I virtually never listen to long nutrition videos but you could kept my attention and it’s more than what many youtubers can do (the type who talks all through the video on very talk based channels)! Yep, you stops here and there but it’s merely not professional but a normal person collecting their thoughts and finding words, not bothersome at all!
I find your story very inspiring, I was pretty healthy on high-carb myself but I still know and feel that less plant carbs are better for me. It’s not enough for me to resist temptation as I very very rarely get unwell, no matter what more or less edible things I eat (I am a hedonist so I wouldn’t eat in a way that I know causes suffering, my compulsion level isn’t THAT high) - but hearing people talking about how it’s fine not to experiment as it’s obvious what works, that helps me. This is one reason I am in the actual carnivore thread so much, it helps me out a bit when I don’t naturally eat carnivore due to zero temptation. Thank you.
I am glad you had a huge improvement, your original state was a sorry one, even objectively that I can’t do, I consider near perfect health and almost never any pain is the normal thing and find it super unfair many people don’t get it, not even close. It’s good sometimes we can find a way to change a lot!
I didn’t even know you were so unwell. In the carni thread you really seem a very capable person deserving respect. And of course, you are so it must have been especially bad not being able to even walk! But you did well and changed your life for the better. It’s heartwarming to hear such stories :slight_smile:

(Chuck) #4

Yes a high fiber diet is very important for my digestive system.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

Funny, isn’t it? Here’s Geoffre\y finding that fibre destroys his intestines, while Chuck needs fibre to keep his healthy. Human variability is such an amazing thing.

Great video, @Geezy56! Your experiences on carnivore/zero-carb are fascinating, and you are a very articulate speaker.

(Bob M) #6

I’m also solidly in the low fiber = better camp.

Does this have an equivalent podcast?

(Central Florida Bob ) #7

That was what Zoe Harcombe said - at least as I interpreted it and remember it. Studies showed that some percentage of people got more constipated by fiber and some people became more regular.

Which makes me think of that “eat right for your blood type” idea that was in some books years ago (and probably still is). It would interesting if your result for fiber correlated to blood type - or some other easily found biomarker. What if success on carnivore correlates more with older blood types and people who tolerate being vegan have a more recently developed blood type as more vegetables crept into the diet.

(Brian) #8

Enjoyed the video!

(Robin) #9

I AM the proof!!!
Well done, man!

(Geoffrey) #10

Not to my knowledge. Just the video.

(Geoffrey) #11

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I appreciate all of you.