Workout tips!?

Do any of y’all workout while doing the keto? I have been stalling for the past month and wanting to incorporate the gym into all of this (maybe 3 days a week?) what do y’all think?

And if you do go to the gym while doing the keto, what do you guys do to help speed up weight loss?

-I am a female, 25 years old, and weigh 195.

(John) #2

There is a whole category for exercise:

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/exercise

I will check it out thanks

(Katie) #4

If you do not have any preferences, I recommend weight training.

would you recommend light weight training or heavy for losing weight??

(Katie) #6

Heavy, but make sure you are doing proper form! I think that you will reach your goals faster if you do a heavier program, vs lower weight with higher repetitions.

(Cindy) #7

Find something you enjoy! Whether is walking, yoga, Tai Chi, square dancing, ballroom dance, tap lessons, dog walking, gardening, kick boxing, swimming, basketball, tennis…the list is endless! But the best way to exercise is doing some you enjoy because then you’ll keep doing it!

ok thank you so so much! for some reason I always believed that doing heavy weight training will make you gain eight and get all bulky!

(Katie) #9

It is difficult to get ‘bulky’. You may gain weight, but if you do, it would be inflammation from the muscles’ natural response. It could also be from muscle growth. However, weight training will make your metabolism get faster. It will also cause you to naturally burn more calories throughout the day if you gain muscle, simply because you have more muscle that is moving as you go about your day (thus burning calories). That is the simplest way to put it.

Instead of only tracking weight, take pictures. Look for body recomposition–less fat, more muscle, looking leaner, etc. “The scale lies.”

(Katie) #10