Worked from home 2 months - went into office today!

nsv
coworkers
clothes

(Carolus Holman) #1

I, like Carl and Richard code for a living, though I am on the data side of things, it’s still coding in my book. I left a project in August 2017, and got onto another Project which allowed me to work from home (nice gig!). While my WFH (work from home) gig is winding down I am re-onboarding to my previous client. (Been Keto for 60 days) HOLY MOLEY.
Here are some quotes from my day: “Sorry I didn’t recognize you.”, “Where is your other half”, “Holy Shizzle you lost a ton of weight”, “How did you do it?”.
To the questions of how, I reply simply, “no sugar”. With my closer co-workers I will tell them all about Keto, but as you people know most don’t accept it. I will have to say the positive comments were nice to hear, albeit with a twinge of “wow I must have been huge” rumbles through my mind. I am not mad or upset, but it really is an eye opener to hear so many people commenting. Just wanted to share, I think for the more sensitive folks out there, remember that these are just compliments on your current state, it doesn’t mean that they were thinking horrid thoughts about you previously!

(Tom Seest) #2

I think this would make an interesting study at some point.

It will be interesting to see how the rigidity of returning to a work environment effects your overall health and weight loss. I’ve worked from home throughout various parts of my career, and find that I’m much better at maintaining sleep, health and stress levels while at home.

Best wishes on your return to the client, and may your select statements return all the expected data…

Compliments can be hard to deal with, especially when they pile on. It’s hard to even know how to respond while you are thinking, “So…you thought I was Jabba the Hut before…?” :wink:

Weight loss brings out odd comments from well-meaning people: Are you sick? You are too skinny now. Are you trying to lose more? Don’t lose any more weight. You need to eat.
A few months ago, my sister accused me of lying about my new weight so that I wouldn’t tell how much I really weighed. She insisted that I was smaller than I claimed. Uh…what?

Like you, I state that I gave up “sugar, bread, pasta.” Most nod and respond with “Yeah, I couldn’t do that.” For those who seem to want to know, I send them to the Diet Doctor beginner page. For those who call me, we actually talk about what to do. Congrats on your hard work!

(Carolus Holman) #4

SELECT FOOD FROM STORE WHERE CARBS = 0! :grinning:

(Tom Seest) #5

I’d only make a small modification, to aid digestion and keep the food from joining semi-permanent body stores:

SELECT FOOD FROM STORE WITH (NOLOCK) WHERE CARBS = 0

But, as someone that codes both on the front, back, and occasionally in the middle, I have no expertise in these matters.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

And may all your pointers point to valid locations!

(Nancy McKnabb) #7

In 2015 I lost 80 pounds… (down from 325… I am 5 ft 10 in)… I was still / am over weight with a long way to go… and people were telling me I was starving myself, look unhealthy, need to eat… LOLOL… that just blew me away! Cannot wait to here what they say this go around. I AM going back to my pre-marriage weight… one way or the other!! LOLOLOL

(Empress of the Unexpected) #8

Oddly everyone I talk to is fine with the low carbs. They freak when they hear about high fat.