Work’s Jolly Day Out

(Michele) #1

Hi all :wave:

I’m new to the forum but have been Paleo/dirty-keto for a number of years now. I live in London so it’s great to find a UK based forum here.

In the last 3m I switched to nutritional keto to manage my health better (Hashimoto’s) and drop some weight which I’ve managed to do. :blush:
I’ve given up drinking as part of this so am absolutely dreading my work’s day out on Friday to Ascot. It’s supposed to be a treat for everyone and everything is paid for but I’m just going to be surrounded by pissed people eating rubbish.
Has anyone been to Ascot & do you know if I will be able to bring my own food in with me or at least get some healthy options there?

Thanks!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

I’m sure you could pack a hamper of pâté and sparkling water, and have a picnic out of the boot of the Bentley. . . . :grinning:

Welcome to the forums, and good luck.

And no, I’ve never been to Ascot (do they even allow Yanks?), but I’m sure you will be able to work something out. And if you end up eating crap, don’t worry about it. Just get back up on the horse (so to speak), and keto on!

(icky) #3

Ring up at Ascots info phone number and tell them you have medical issues/ diabetes and have been invited on a work-outing and whether it’s okay for you to bring your own food.

Surely a lil fib is okay here - you probably don’t want to discuss the ins and outs of a keto diet with the person on the Ascot info hotline :smile:

(icky) #4

Ascot - Enquiries & Ticket Sales

Tel: +44 0344 346 3000

Email: enquiries@ascot.co.uk

(Michele) #5

Thanks guys! Gave them a call and I’m ok to take my own food with me.