Winning the battle of the bulge

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #1

While getting dressed this morning, wife noted that my gut looks less large. As I haven’t been on a scale since Feb 1, I can’t quantify, but that’s an NSV, right?

(Darlene Horsley) #2

Abs-olutely! :blush:

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #3

That might be a bit premature. We’re working from morbid obesity as the BMI says. :wink:

(Brian) #4

That’s great, Max! Congratulations!

I just looked at the BMI thing this past weekend. I’m down 8 points with a few more to go before I’m officially out of that “obese” category. I’m 2/3 of the way.

It will be a real milestone when I can say that I am no longer obese. It’s been about 16 years since I could say that…

KCKO! :slight_smile:

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #5

The last time I did this with any rigor, the transition from morbid to plain old obese was a milestone for me. The transition to normal was amazing. Hitting 19% fat was huge. The goal this time is 15%. Long way from here to there, so any milestone is worth celebrating.