Wife Wants In

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #1

Wife asked me a couple questions about low carbing. Wanted to know:
*Do you only count carbs?
*How do you count carbs for something like lettuce?
*How do I use the app?
*Do you have a single page list of things to eat and not eat?

I found a page on DietDoctor.com that I think will work for her.

I’m so excited.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #2

Congrats!

(Karen) #3

List of yum

K

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4

Went with this. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb

I don’t really keto in this 75-20-5 macro, IF/EF, BP coffee, as I don’t really need that level of intervention. Wife is in better shape than my start setup. So, simple LCHF is a large enough change of thought for her. Baby steps.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #5

Wife said DietDoctor was not one page so I found her Eric Westman’s list:

Not exactly how I’d cut it up, but seems legit.

(KCKO, KCFO) #6

I like Marty Kendall’s list it can be downloaded from the URL below, there are also other lists for other goals, all are excellent:

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #7

Thank you. I think the Westman list is a bit better because it avoids the K word, the D word, and other things that my wife isn’t interested in. Keeps it simple for her, as she’s not really interested in all the details of it. Maybe that comes, probably not. Wife is not me. I need to go deep dive on anything.