Why You Should Start Taking Magnesium Right Now!

(Davy) #1

While you’re Keto’ing, do you have Symptoms of a Magnesium Deficiency?
Let’s take a look at the most common symptoms a lack of magnesium can cause:
Brain fog or memory problems Constipation Aggression Sugar cravings Migraines Frequent headaches Hypertension Chronic back pain Anxiety
Depression Sleep problems Fatigue Lethargy Cramps Confusion Circulatory problems and those annoying little twitches of the eyelid?
Read the entire study: http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/health/magnesium/
Why don’t medical dr’s tell us this? It’d take away HALF their business. They make money writing prescriptions for drugs which treat the symptoms, not the cause. Imagine cutting your salary by HALF. In med school they’re taught about drugs, not natural remedies that address the root causes.

(Karen) #2

Hypocalcimia?? Eye twitching.

K

(Emily) #3

There is a book, “The Magnesium Miracle,” that explains all this, as well as the fact that many magnesium supplements are not well absorbed. Curious to know which brand of supplements people here use.

A friend swears that magnesium helps members of her family who suffer from depression.

The Magnesium Miracle (Second Edition) https://www.amazon.com/dp/0399594442/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_KgktBb1F9CYTV

(Karen) #4

I bought a magnesium citrate pill because it was supposed to be more readily absorbed. Just noticed it has 2 carbs PER pill. Ugh. Can’t see what in the ingredients is responsible for the carbs.

Returning unopened bottle. Buying magnesium chloride.
https://www.mamanatural.com/best-magnesium-supplement/

K

(Diane) #5

I find magnesium citrate to cause me “gastrointestinal distress”. They give me terrible diarrhea! I use magnesium glycinate, I buy this one from Amazon.

I’ve recently been taking chelated mag glycinate. For a little while I’d been adding mag citrate liquid to my morning tonic (acv, lemon, salt) but had to be careful because of the bowel effect. I’m going to have to look into what she says about the dangers of it. Other than having to stay close to a bathroom if taking too much I was under the impression it was one of the better ones.

(Charlotte) #7

I take this stuff twice a day (currently $20 for a 3-pack) and it has helped a LOT with several of the things you mentioned. I also used to get woken up by leg cramps several times a week, and between this and 500mg/day of potassium citrate, the cramps have completely stopped.

This is the one I’ve been using too. I tried powdered mag bisglycinate and it was the nastiest stuff I had ever attempted to ingest. I made it through the entire bottle but would not reorder it.

(Davy) #9

I take this one too. Works miracles for me; several of those mentioned symptoms went away, including high BP. Best to take it 2 or 3 times a day AFTER a meal. Often if you take too much at one time, it’ll cause loose stools, so good to spread it out. I’ve read Dr. Dean’s book and several more on Mg…Bob, all of them say that if you’re getting loose stools, you’re probably just taking too much Mg at one time; no harm in loose stools. Sometimes it’s good, it cleans your colon out. One of the books said that Mg Oxide, the one that causes the quickest loose stool, is what dr’s give at hospitals to do necessary cleaning of the colon.
One other tip from the books, is that the SERUM Mg test dr’s give? It’s practically worthless for finding out how much Mg is in the body. The serum only contains 1% of the body’s Mg and it’s almost always shows normal. 99% of Mg is kept in the tissues, bones, heart, liver, muscles, etc. The entire body contains about 5 tsp of Mg, that’s about 25000mg. The serum only contains about 250mg. Hmmm, 25,000 vs 250.

Your SERUM can show normal, yet you could be severely deficient in Mg. It happened to me from taking too much D3 without a Mg supplement. Most dr’s don’t know this or hide this fact of the serum test not being accurate. This way, they get to prescribe 3 different drugs and more drugs; pays for their expensive houses, country club dues and so called medical education. (drug education)
ReMag is perhaps the best, most absorbable, just a bit high in price. Only about 20-50% of most Mg supplements taken gets absorbed. Mg Oxide is the worst, with only 4% being absorbed. (but it is the good laxative) I was taking around 700mg per day of ReMag and Dr’s Best Highly Absorbable combined and never got loose stools. I had to get my body caught up or saturated. 320mg for women and 420mg for men is the suggested intake if you’re normal in the amount of Mg already in your body. Dr. Dean’s ReMag is a 60,000ppm concentration of 99.99% pure elemental magnesium in liquid form and is very strong. Tastes like rusty water, but it’s probably the best. Not affiliated with it, just telling what’s probably the best, whereas Mg Oxide is at the bottom. Look at all the reviews on it. It cures many people’s afib and arrhythmia too. https://www.amazon.com/Pico-Ionic-RnA-Formulated-Absorption-Experience/dp/B01LZLSJ7B/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1531754789&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=Remag+Dr+Dean&psc=1

Look at your multi vitamin, it most likely says Mg Oxide. (because it’s the cheapest and most people don’t know any difference. )
Now, I just take the Dr.s Best. Heh, I was preaching to the choir looks like in this thread.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #10

I got one too that has carbs. But the one I bought from Costco doesn’t, so there has to be some sort of filler in the carb one.

(Davy) #11

Does it include Mg Oxide too LeeAnn?
If one is over 50, taking a Mg supplement will make you sleep a whole lot better too. If you wake up in the middle of the night, you’ll fall asleep quicker if you take a couple of the pills. Heh, this is what I do…and no more lying there staring at the ceiling or counting sheep for an hour.
Might add that: Vitamin D3 – Vitamin D3 has been shown to increase absorption of magnesium. The RDA of 400 IU is a joke. People need about 4000 to 5000iu of D3. This is what I take.
And the secret, unknown to most Vitamin K2 – Found in natto, some cheeses like Brie and Gouda, and emu oil, vitamin K2 works with magnesium, calcium, and vitamin D to keep the body balanced, among many other things. Start taking D3 and K2 and you’ll be running around like a spring chicken.

(Deborah ) #12

I’ve been taking this one for a month or so now. I got it on Amazon (I think Dr. Berry had linked to it in one of his videos.)

(Ron) #13

@debg
I take exactly the same thing! Works good for me.:ok_hand:

(roxanna) #14

You’re brave. I can eat anything, but that powdered mag was disgusting. I have a huge bag just sitting around.

(Casey Crisler) #15

Geez. I have alamost all of those symptoms but I take magnesium supplements everyday. They’re from Trader Joe’s. I’m switching over to Dr. Whittaker’s brand to see if there is any difference.

I agree that everyone should start taking Magnesium to some degree - because industrial agriculture has stripped the soil of it virtually all over the industrial world (except if you’re a small farmer with old permaculture acreage and/or you’re able to purchase foods from such - or you’re able to hunt/gather from intact land). From what I understand, most vegetable matter no longer contains much Magnesium at all! Even grassfed meat can be low in it, depending on whether or not the soil is ancient grassland (much is not - it’s post-industrial farming land, new pasture planting, etc). This, despite the fact that Magnesium is responsible for something like 18K processes in the human body.

Of course, when we really think about it - if the earth’s soil has been stripped of Magnesium, the big picture is that industrial civilization is thoroughly destructive and abusive.

That said - one has to do the best one can with the knowledge one has, in order to make some sense of the senseless and be of service in this world. We see this in the film The Magic Pill, with the wonderful work being done with the aboriginal health center project that is LCHF/keto oriented - and with the humane animal husbandry/kinship movement. I think health recovery can be definitely play a pivotal part in a greater movement towards grassroots community leadership and systemic change, and LCHF/keto can be well complemented by paying attention to minerals and halogens/iodine.

Unfortunately most Magnesium supplements are either low-absorption or cause intestinal distress and a big waste o’ cash.

Looking at absorption from a molecular, cellular absorption point of view is necessary. Dr. Carolyn Dean did this with ionic versions, and you can google lots of her articles. But that’s not everything - ionic particles are a definite improvement for the human body but nowhere near as absorbed as angstrom particles.

You can put a teaspoon or two of angstrom magnesium under your tongue and it’s absorbed by the body systemically within 30 seconds apparently. I learned this about 7 years ago. There are just a few companies that distribute this kind of magnesium, and I buy mine from the source (a company in Utah) which other companies re-label and triple the price on. I buy the super concentrated stuff, and use 1/8 of it diluted into a large/16 oz. bottle of nano-purified or spring water, depending on what I have available.

I would say that apart from switching to LCHF/keto just over a year ago, angstrom magnesium has helped to tide me over and protected my healthy ageing despite the dietary gaps/nutritional deficiencies I developed as a longtime vegetarian years back etc.

angstrom%20minerals%20education

Vintage Ladies Keto Klub
(Diane) #17

Thanks for sharing this info and product!

Lemon juice… mixed it with lemon juice and drank as fast as I could. :nauseated_face:

(Rose) #19

I take this every day :slight_smile:

(Davy) #20

I’m going to start taking Dr. Dean’s Remag again. During Keto, I was getting high pulse and palpitations again…the kind of Mg I was taken, altho pretty good, probably STILL I wasn’t getting enough. Remag will get it done. Also upping me folate (folic acid)