Why You Should Start Taking Magnesium Right Now!

Anyone had a go at Magnesium Malate, and if in Australia, which brand did you use?

I have been taking chelated magnesium for a while, but lately had brain fog and some anxiety symptoms recur, so I was hoping a change in the type of mag would help with this. Very keen to hear brands that people use too, as the unregulated industry leaves us vulnerable to dodgy products. More than the waste of money, I don’t want to waste the time.

(Linda) #22

I take this one because I too was having pounding palpitations and an irregular rhythm. There’s a cardiologist named Sanjay Gupta (no, not that one) from York Cardiology in England who has a great youtube channel about these issues. It totally resolved mine and I’ll be eternally grateful as they caused me much anxiety. It’s Cardiac Research Magnesium Taurate. I’ll post a picture too. I get mine from Amazon.
magnesium%20taurate

(Davy) #23

Thanks for the tip…I will check into it right now!
How much do you take of it @misterbutters ? I see it contains only 125mg.
This makes me realize that most, including me sometimes, don’t take enough Magnesium of any kind. One reviewer on that Taurate said they were taking 3 pills a day, but nothing happened. They tripled that dose and then it clicked; and her irregular heart beat and fast pulse went away. So whatever we take, I guess you have to make sure you’re getting enough; and take it spread out, like 3 times a day. Else you will just eliminate it through a movement and still not bet getting enough.

(Allie) #24

Magnesium Powder Blend - 50:50 Ratio of Magnesium Glycinate & Magnesium Taurate | HIGHLY BIOAVAILABLE | Pure Supplement Complex | Focus Supplements - Blended and Packed in the UK In ISO Licensed Facilities - 100% Money Back Guarantee (300g) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BBT7MB7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_PT0vBbEZ9B24D

(Linda) #25

Only one. Still works!

(Davy) #26

Funny, another lady said taking only one in the morning works. She’s quit her beta blockers and metoprolol altogether too. I think if everyone knew about Magnesium Taurate and ReMag, medical dr’s would lose half their patients…and also couldn’t afford their BMWs and country clubs.

(Diane) #27

@SlowBurnMary, I’ve been taking the angstrom magnesium you recommended for a couple of weeks now. I’m sleeping so much better already. I’ve suffered from terrible insomnia for decades, and can now fall asleep without any other aid at all (at least half the time). Staying asleep is still an issue, hoping that may continue to improve over time.

Thanks again for the recommendation!

Wow, that’s wonderful news!!! Good to know you’re actually absorbing all the help of Magnesium via the angstrom form.

You might want to also check into the synergy between Magnesium and Vit. D3, which needs supplementation if you’re not already taking it or already practicing basking in the dawn or dusk sunlight and making sure to have the sun hit your closed eyelids whilst staring at it (apparently the stimulation of the pupils by sunlight activates the pineal gland and the body’s Vit. D aborption processes).

I’m down to taking Mag + Vit D3 only on Sat or Sun - 1-2 capfulls of Angstrom Mag and 15000IU Vit D3 (it’s fat soluble, so can be supplemented weekly rather than daily) - as my schedule and the weather haven’t been allowing me to soak in much sun lately.

I hear you about staying asleep. It’s interesting… I used to be a very light sleeper - and now sleep deeper though very aware.

Keto brain energy seems to have its own cycles related to the phases of fat burning and the degree of neurogenesis… am currently in a water-logging phase before the next swoosh, sleeping nice n’ deep, and having meaningful/helpful dreams. But when in a thermogenic phase I seem to need much less sleep - as if it’s the full moon all the time! :sparkles:

(Joshua Tomey) #29

Has anyone taken ReMag with another oral magnesium? I seem to recall someone using the glycinate with remag but wasn’t sure why they would?

Dr. Sarah Ballantyne PhD has been a critic of the ketogenic diet. She is the Paleo-Mom. I remember she had a stoush with Jimmy Moore a few years ago. Strangely Jimmy may have come out on top (with the help of Dr. Adam Nally OD) - my opinionated opinion. But I had my keto bias headphones on that day.

In amongst the carry-on, it was clear that Dr. Ballantyne does her research, so I do check-in on what she is saying despite not always agreeing with her points of view.

Dr. Ballantyne does a good job of discussing Magnesium on this podcast:

It’s good information to reconcile against years of magnesium conversations on the ketoforums.
https://www.ketogenicforums.com/search?q=magnesium

It is also pertinent information during the pandemic due to magnesium status being closely associated with functionality of Vitamin D in the body. Vitamin D and immune function is a different white rabbit to follow.

(Bob M) #31

My only problem is that Mg seems to cause slow heart rate for me, but I’m also on beta blockers. That, and I can never figure out how much I really have to take.

(Stuart Young) #32

Man alive, this forum I tell you. A great source of health knowledge. Looks like magnesium supplements are my next information project.

Been there, done it, now supplementing. And trust me, getting someone like me to take vitamin supplements is something truly remarkable. Shocked my wife when I came home with them, after a ton of research. And my mother wanted to know who has replaced her son! lol.

Right, so I start researching this tonight when I get home. And the claims are that magnesium supplements not only provide health benefits on their own, but also help absorption of Vitamin D?

While researching vitamin D supplements, a meta-analysis showed that supplements do not offer as much health benefits as natural Vitamin D, but supplementing with a deficiency (such as I have/had) still showed health benefits.

Does anyone know of anything similar with magnesium supplementation vs natural magnesium consumption?

No doubt I’ll be researching it myself, but if anyone has anything to hand it would be helpful!

Cheers guys :slight_smile:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #33

If you want a natural source of magnesium—to supplement the supplements, as it were—then try eating leafy green vegetables, the darker the better. At the heart of each chlorophyll molecule is a magnesium atom, so the greener the leaf, the more chlorophyll, and the more chlorophyll, the more magnesium. And of course, magnesium can also be found in meat and marrow.

(Allie) #34

I just throw a big cup full of Epsom salts into my nightly bath and soak for at least ten mins, also take one of these each night before bed (advised dose is 2 but 1 works best for me) -

https://www.bulk.com/uk/zma-capsules.html

(Bob M) #35

That’s unlikely to be found. The problem is that you can’t know what magnesium you’ll get, even if it’s written on whatever it is you pull the data from. That’s because our soils are becoming depleted and magnesium is one of those things are are lower now.

(Bob M) #36

The problem with plants: you never know how much you’ll really absorb. Would like to get the actual study, but can’t remember the name of the website that allows me to get this (it’s bookmarked at work, and I’m at home):

(Edith) #37

Also, if the plant has oxalate in it, you will absorb very little.

(Bob M) #38

Yeah, my rule is that if you eat meat (by itself), you’re getting near 100% of what’s in it; if you’re eating a plant, you just don’t know what you’re getting. And if you mix them, you don’t know either:

https://www.diagnosisdiet.com/full-article/micronutrients-and-mental-health

Having said this, I still mix meat and plants. Just not many plants. I do like my spices, herbs, olives, some veggies, tomatoes (in season), onions, etc. though.

I even eat a salad every once in a while. And I like my dark chocolate (though I add cream/yogurt to attempt to bind some of the oxalates).

I’ll add that magnesium salicylate is shown to lower insulin. I’ve been taking mag Malate but I think I’m gonna switch.