Why low carbohydrate diabetics don't trust dietitians

(Richard Morris) #1

I entered into MyFitnessPal the daily food plan that the CDE (Certified Diabetes Educator) and APD (Accredited practising Dietitian) recommended for me in 2011 when I was first diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.

I just want to point out that this is what Diabetes Australia and the Dietitians Association of Australia suggest for a Type 2 diabetic, someone with an established inability to safely metabolize glucose. 304g of glucose. Let’s see … a teaspoon of sugar is about 4g, right? So that would be the equivalent of eating 76 tsps of sugar per day.

#I’m not surprised they have only ever seen this disease progress …

Here is a scanned version of the materiel I was given
LoseSomeWeight.pdf (3.1 MB)
healthyEating.pdf (3.3 MB)
FoodChoices.pdf (7.1 MB)

(bulkbiker) #2

and you would probably be really hungry after eating that lot too…

(Lynden Garrett) #3

To fast track frying your pancreas and get to insulin dependency as soon as possible…

(glen babicci) #4

Perhaps might change if they were paid for being better at solving the problem than anyone else.
But sorry their funding comes from companies who don’t want to see the real solution.

(Cathy Schroder) #5

It’s obscene. No other way to describe it really.

Let me guess, the clueless dietician, who set you on a path of destruction, still has a job.

(Judy Hunter) #7

I was told by a dietitian many years ago to go on a low fat high carb diet and eat 5-6 times a day but that it was inevitable that I would become T2 no matter what. I followed her advice and voila I have been diagnosed as T2.

(Richard Morris) #8

Ugh. Sorry Judy … She was wrong, unless you follow her diet advice.

(mcebis) #9

They just don’t get it.

(paddy0761) #10

Assisted suicide. Isn’t that still illegal?