Why I’m Quitting Keto - A Post For Myself

Unless it’s raw milk. It doesn’t smell off if left out for a few days (especially in a warm place like the top of the fridge). Then you can separate the curds and whey and make your own yummy soft cheese. Though, when I was still living where I could get raw milk, I used kefir starter in the milk and sometimes had kefir, sometimes kefir cheese. It’s a bit milder than plain fermented raw milk.

I would never leave pasteurized milk out for any length of time. It will definitely go off. When I used to use milk, I always smelled it. At the slightest hint of offness, I poured it out.

(Omar) #309

some kind of McCarthyism

We can lose some valuable opinions when we wear the keto dogma jacket

(Jennibc) #310

I have a friend who is allergic to red meat and she grew up in Texas. I wonder if that’s how she developed such an allergy.

(Jessica) #311

Almost certainly. I think a red meat allergy is otherwise really rare. They are really just said to study it. It hasn’t been well understood and I think came about because of people being allergic to a cancer drug with alpha-gal in it. They realized all of the allergies were concentrated on the South.

(Suzanne Gerrard) #312

I love Thai food and have only been on 3 occasions
in the past 6 weeks (10 months keto)
I choose a stir fried meal and request that they add no palm
sugar, no sweet chilli sauce and no Ketchup Manis.
I tell them I have an allergy. The food still tastes slightly sweet
and I wonder if they do sneak in a tiny bit or if it is the
natural sweetness of the fresh vegetables. No post meal side
effects noticed.

(Stephanie Criner) #313

Because snarky, self-absorbed people can never get enough attention? Good question.

(Edith) #314

It was a Star Trek: The Next Generation episode.

(Janelle) #315

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra - when the walls fell - lol

(Edith) #316

That’s funny you posted so quickly. I removed my post once I realized it was so much later than the post to which I was replying. :grinning:

So, I just put it back.

(Doug) #317

You’re right, Edie. :slightly_smiling_face: Somewhere over the years I had created a parallel universe with a second episode with the same theme, back in the days of the original series. I can still “see” WIlliam Shatner talking to Dathon (the alien Captain) on the planet’s surface…

I went through all the plot descriptions on Wikipedia for every show in the original series, just to be sure. A ‘memory’ I’ve had for decades vanished.

(Robin) #318

Ohh, that’s how it works, does it? I sure don’t feel superior.

(Trudy Cash) #319

Hi am new here I am enjoying keto with intermittent fasting began keto slowly March 2018. Even when I didn’t have it all figured out we my husband and I were learning and dropping off carbs from our eating kind of gradual as we were learning David and I tested our sugar too David’s sugars were being up as high as 325 and by August he was hanging around 80 all the time without meds. He never took the metformin like they wanted him to. Our fasting and having 20 carbs or less perday was working. Being off donuts and pies and cookies. Having pepperonis instead was working for us. David and I are not diabetic anymore
My son Jon is benefiting too from our life diet change. He is vaccine injured autistic and the greens and good fats help heal the brain he is more alert eating this way and is satisfied by our meals
Tonight we had ground beef , summer squash, zucchini, cauliflower,onion, garlic, asparagus, seasoned with chili powder, red pepper, garlic powder, tumeric, ginger, salt, and pepper and greens were stirfries in 2 tablespoons of lard. Had our coffee with heavy whipping cream and butter, cinnamon, cloves ,and vanilla
We were all satisfied
This is our one keto meal of the day