Why does this site go down?

(Marianne) #1

I’m not being critical, but why does this site go down for 2-3 days? Makes me very anxious! :sob:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

The server at the ISP is inadequate to hold the necessary data. We are working on upgrading the capacity of the host hard drive. If you would like to help with the upgrade cost, please check out our Patreon page, https://www.patreon.com/ketogenicforums

(Bob M) #3

Paul, can I give a one-time gift?

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

One time gifts are also accepted.

(Marianne) #5

Will do; thanks, Paul.

(Marianne) #6

Somewhat confused. Is a “custom pledge” a one-time pledge?

Thank you.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

You’d have to ask the Patreon people that question; I don’t know the answer.

(Joey) #8

I would be quite pleased to provide financial support. Hopefully some other way (e.g., direct Paypal payment?) become available at some point besides Patreon…

Having just read Patreon’s terms of use and privacy policies, I have no intention of opening an account with them, no less giving them access my personal and/or financial information.

If the forum’s leadership ever establishes a direct path for financial support, please advise.

Meanwhile, you have our continued deep gratitude for everything you do for the keto forum!

Supported. Best wishes with the upgrades!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #10

PayPal would be nice. I’ll pass on the idea.

(Joey) #11

Thanks. All it takes is an email address of an individual trusted to forward funds appropriately. Perhaps set up a KetoForum-administered email account registered with Paypal to make collecting funds more straightforward. :+1:

(KCKO, KCFO) #12

You do this by doing a donation one time then canceling the membership. I pay by Paypal and support both the forum and Daisy’s podcast.

(Allie) #13

I’ve been a Patreon member for several months now hoping it would help make things more stable.

(Central Florida Bob ) #14

Well, this has been embarrassing. I’d have bet my life that last December I made an annual contribution using PayPal and I was going to check whether the address still worked. After searching all my old emails, I searched PayPal. It’s not there. Apparently I’ve been skating this year.

I’ll fix that.

(Central Florida Bob ) #15

Did anything ever come of that, or is it strictly by Patreon?

(Joey) #16

@collaroygal Are you sure you use Paypal? @PaulL is saying that’s not currently an option to support this forum. Perhaps you mean Patreon?

(KCKO, KCFO) #17

I pay several creators via Patreon, using my PayPal as payment option.

(Joey) #18

Ah, got it! Thx.

(Central Florida Bob ) #19

As you may have gathered, I’ve never used Patreon, but I’ve had a PayPal account since about 1998. I’m used to it, and they’ve worked as I’d like to see for over 20 years, now. For the most part.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #20

@CFLBob and others: From the Community Guidelines:

Welcome to the 2KetoDude’s Ketogenic Forum

Welcome! This forum provides a venue to the ketogenic, low-carb or carnivore evidence- and sciencebased community. You do not need an account to visit the website. You may also freely, that is, at no financial cost, join our community. To help the 2KetoDudes with their efforts, we respectfully ask that you consider making a donation to the 2KetoDude’s patreon page. You may also donate via PayPal, by clicking the big “DONATE” button at the top of 2ketodudes.com.

Now, how long has that been there? :blush: