Why do I feel guilty coming off a fast!

(Katie) #1

I am fairly new to fasting. I have been reading and listening to all the info I can find. I had only previously done a 24 hour fast. (Water fast) so Monday I decided to try again and just see how long I could go. I hit 48 hours and my husband said he was worried and wanted me to eat. Since he is not keto, but has been very supportive I decided to make a deal to just increase my fasting time one day at a time. That way I could slowly increase and he could see that I was fine. So now that I have broken my fast why do I feel guilty? I think I could have gone for three days pretty easily. I guess next time.

(TJ Borden) #2

I get that nearly every time. All I can figure is there’s a certain pride in seeing how long we can go and since most of the time we break, or at least that I break, it’s for mental reasons, not because of hunger. I always ask myself how long COULD I have gone, and then feel like I failed somehow.

(Alec) #3

Absolutely, next time! This is the beauty of fasts. Don’t stress! You can do another one tomorrow, or next week, or next month. There is always another day to do one soon!

Your slow build approach is very sensible. Kudos.
Cheers
Alec

(Katie) #4

Thanks guys. I shall keto on.

(Katie) #5

That’s so right on. I wasn’t really hungry I think I psyched myself out and let my husband talk me into it. Peer pressure uuuggghh. Anyway tomorrow is a new day.

(Lisa D) #6

I just ate because I thought it was “time” to eat but really didn’t feel hungry. it happens and fortunately there can be a “next time” - great job on the fast. Still wrapping my head around that we CAN fast for days … hahaha. Keep up the good WOE :slight_smile: