Whoo Hoo :)

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #1

Will report back with my results :slight_smile:

PS, I ordered the 12qt container too… but when I try to add the link, it acts like that link is for just the lid ? I need to contact Amazon now to make sure I’m not getting two lids and no container :frowning:

Nice! You rob a bank or something?

BTW, Prime Day is coming up soon and other retailers also have great deals. It’s like Xmas in July.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #3

I actually did really well with ride share over the 4 day holiday weekend :slightly_smiling_face:
Granted, I drove 1800 miles in those 4 days ! :open_mouth:

(Polly) #4

Looking forward to hearing about how your sous vide cooking goes.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #5

Okay, so I got my Souse Vide stuff in yesterday, and I have a couple big, fat Ribeyes in it right now :slightly_smiling_face:
133 degrees for 2 1/2 hrs.

But this thing brought the water temp right up to 133 (started it with 110 degree water though) and then I got the neoprene insulator too + the sicone lid.

Will post the results later tonight :slightly_smiling_face:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #6

Alright so they came out pretty darn good… Maybe a touch rarer than I’d prefer. It’s funny, I don’t think I’ve ever been able to cook a steak that rare if I wanted to :slightly_smiling_face:
Anyway, next time 140 for 4 hours. Plus I’ll probably marinade them in Soy sauce…
But then again, next time it will probably be baby back ribs for a much longer cook time… Like 30+ hours… And I also want to try some cheaper cuts of beef for much longer too, to see if I can make that edible with just a fork :slightly_smiling_face:
Machine worked great though. Super quiet, and easy to set up, and program :slightly_smiling_face:

(Polly) #7

Sounds like a great result @FishChris. I bet a shoulder of pork with a few spices would do really well and come out tender and delicious.

Magazine quality!

What did you decide on for the sear?

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #9

Well, I just used a little auto start hand torch that I had bought for arts and crafts… Disconnected the propane from our BBQ grille and connected it to the torch, which was great, because I still used the grilled for a place to lay the Ribeyes when searing :slight_smile:
But now I have a better idea. Will post this separately…