Whoo hoo ! Got me another one 🙂

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #1

Unbelievable great deal with Amazon prime… Grand total with free overnight shipping… $59.85 :grinning: (note; the price seems to jump around almost daily… So if $67 is not already cheap enough for you, just keep checking back)

Now, I can be doing a 36 hr SV, and still do some 3 or 4 hour Steaks that same night !
Not to mention, if a large part of a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner is hanging on this, it will be really good to have a backup. Anything can fail.
But my first one is getting some serious use ! I think it’s been ran about 200 hrs :slightly_smiling_face:

(Marianne) #2

Where did you get the container, bags and vacuum? Were those separate purchases? Have you seen the Dash one on Amazon? That seems to come with everything. If you like your meat medium to med. well, do you raise the temp, cook it longer? How do you know how long to cook stuff?

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #3

All at Amazon. The container is the 12qt Rubbermaid brand. The Silicone lid, and the neoprene insulating cover for the container, I found at the bottom of the page when looking at my Sous Vide … You know where they show stuff that other customers included ?
And this is all really great stuff. I mean you could probably get by without it, but if a person is going to be SV’ing a lot (like me :wink:) then it’s really nice to have.
Oh, I also got the little stainless steel adjustable rack, which is great, as it keeps the meat just off of the bottom and away from the sides, so hot water can circulate all the way around it.plus it keeps the meat perfectly vertical, so the zipper of the bag is up out of the water, to farther protect against leaks.

Bags… I’ve just been using Ziploc Freezer bags, and I vacuum the air out with a straw. Works great. I always double bag, but I am yet to have had any leaks