Who is supportive of Keto in your life?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1

First, my husband. At first he didn’t get it (he does not speak English, I take the laboring Spanish oar). Bringing me nachos, etc. Which I politely refused But suddenly he caught on. The man gifts me ribeye steaks. And spinach. And mushrooms. He is perfectly content eating five tortillas a day, but enjoys my progress, and more importantly, wants to please me. If I want bacon and ribeye, that’s what I get. Maybe some day he will be on board. My neighbor lost 45 pounds a few years ago on the stupid Suzanne Sommers diet. Her BG is still too high. But she is high fiving me on (even though she commented today that she doesn’t know how I can walk since I don’t have legs anymore… yeah, I’m an apple). She wants to cut down on carbs as well to get healthier. Who is your Keto support?

(Ashley) #2

My dad, he isn’t keto but he supports me 100%. I’m doing a 7 day bacon challenge. I came home with 14lbs of bacon and he didn’t even bat an eye. He’s seen me lose 33 lbs since March 23rd. He knows it’s working. He knows I have more energy and less lethargic.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #3

So cool. And good luck to you. I’m in SoCal where everyone is on some type of diet. There is really no judgment here. So glad dad’s on board. Please update us on the bacon challenge! A few other people on the forum are doing it.

(Ashley) #4

3 lbs down from my starting weight on Friday! So far so good! Yeah I got a pretty good dad. :slight_smile:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #5

And I lied - he just walked by with a bowl of popcorn:rofl: We have to educate them. Most people think corn is healthy. I am perfectly content sticking to meat, veggies, the occasional nuts, berries, and dairy.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #6

You are doing great!

(Ashley) #7

Lol, oh well as long as he doesn’t pressure you all is well, maybe in due time he will join in.

(Aimee Moisa) #8

My husband and daughter are really supportive, but my daughter asks me for sweets a lot 'cause she doesn’t have any self control herself. She’s down to one piece of candy a week so she’s doing better on that with my help remembering. Of course, if it were up to her she’d have candy breakfast, lunch, and dinner. :slight_smile:

(Karen) #9

My sweet husband. My dear daddy.

K

(Maha) #10

My husband and family. They didn’t get it at first and I was still learning too, but they’re on board now. They still eat carbs but not as much as before, and my husband’s coke addiction is virtually gone. They also like flathead pizza and I get a little annoyed, in a good way, when there are no leftovers for my lunch. They like almost all the food I make, so that helps a lot. My husband, who tolerates carbs very well, lost some pounds just by me going lchf/keto. Now he wants to get them back but healthily. I wish I could transfer some weight to him. Anyway, I got him to check all his labs to make sure he wasn’t TOFI. He’s not.

(Jessica) #11

My husband. And actually, many of our friends. It wasn’t common when I started a couple years ago but keto is nearing mainstream-ish here.

(Sarah Bruhn) #12

My darling supports, he is nearly always Keto too but struggling to order his life at the moment, I’m sure he will join me 100% soon.
My kids suprisingly love Keto, they enjoy the food and they have noticed how much more energy and time I have for them. Girls aged 15, 13, 10 and 8.
My Dad is getting there too, he has noticed how healthy physically and mentally I have become since starting Keto- this one is important to me in a big way because if he would be someone who’s life could be saved if he converted to keto… he is super obese, after bariatric surgery, due to have a second surgery to reestablish dietary restriction, low albumin, low ferritin, low immunity, become very ill- has been hospitalise at least once a year due to pnemonia or joint problems since I was a kid (i’m now 32) So I just keep on trying to be an example of change, and hoping the two important men in my life get on board and start living.

(Ellen) #13

Two of my closest friend’s; they’re not keto but cook keto for me and are so encouraging.

(Allie) #14

I don’t generally talk to anyone about it as I don’t see how it’s relevant to other people, but my man is an unhealthy sugar addict…

(Troy) #15

No one😂
Just snarky - lame- passify- rolling of the eyes fake support I guess here and there…lol
I don’t care either😄
I will share if asked
BLAH
sigh

Interestingly, my doctors. The doctor I’d had for two decades, I was surprised to see on Jimmy Moore’s keto doctors list when I checked it out. I’ve had to change doctors twice since then, first because my longtime doctor went on leave-of-absence due to family health issues, then because of insurance changes. And the two I’ve had since then have both been supportive. I count myself lucky in this regard as I know others have had trouble finding keto-friendly docs.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #17

My bestie :heart_eyes: . She is not into keto herself but sees my improvement so she accepts it fully. also she is a very very curious person and is always up with trying my interesting recipes and experiments XD

(Rach) #18

No one :frowning:

Hey, we’re all in your life and we support you! :smile:

(Rach) #20

Aww thanks :blush: