Who has a lamb chop recipe?

(MelissaH) #1

I found some organic lamb shoulder chops today. Lamb is a first for me. How should I prepare them?

(lynnae oxley-loupe) #2

Love me some Lamb!!! All cuts, all ways :slight_smile:

No really a recipe per se, rather a method. Loin chops are the most tender (and most $$$) but shoulder chops are also amazing. IMO the best way to prepare lamb chops is with a little wet seasoning for a few hours, then fire grilled med rare. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, fresh parsley, squeeze of lemon and you’re in business! Some Greek olives, peperoncini, some feta cheese and chopped romaine on the side…OMG Now I’m hungry!!
I was taught early on to cook by feel. It’s how my mom and dad cooked and I just learned that way. I do READ recipes and use them as inspiration. The rest…well I just wing it.

For 4-6 Lamb Shoulder Chops -
In a small bowl combine: About a tablespoon of Chicken bouillon base (Better than Bouillon is what I use), about a tablespoon of some fresh ground black pepper, 1 smashed up/chopped up fresh garlic clove, and about 1/4 Cup of olive oil. Make a runny paste and lightly schmeer the mixture on the chops making sure you’ve got all the sides with at least a little bit of the paste. In the fridge for a few hours, and then cook - Broil, pan fry, grill, whatever. Cook till med rare, and then serve up as suggested above. Sprinkle a little salt after the chops are cooked if needed - the chicken base is pretty salty so just follow your taste buds.

Enjoy

Season, pan fry to medium rare, rest for 10 mins & serve with greek salad & baba ghanouj :smile:

EDIT TO ADD: a classic way to marinate them is in a mix of oil, garlic & rosemary

(MelissaH) #4

Thank you! This is dinner tonight for sure

(Bob M) #5

I’d recommend sous vide. Like this

https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/tender-juicy-sous-vide-lamb-chops

You can do just salt and pepper on a grill or cast iron pan. Or make a greek marinade with lemon and olive oil and herbs.
Very good with tzatziki and spinach quiche (or spinach pie/spanakopita if you’re cheating).

(MelissaH) #7

Don’t have a sous vide but it looks good!

(MelissaH) #8

I love tzatziki sauce! Before keto gyros were my favorite!

(Doug) #9

Speaks to me - yes, when it’s right, a good gyro is a fantastic combination of things.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #10

Are they lollipops or are they T-bones?

If lollies:

If T-bones/loin chops.

Either flavor profile is legit. Do not burn the fat. It will taste kinda bad.

(MelissaH) #11

They are loin chops @LeCheffre thank you

I dont know if you do soy, but lamb chops with a soy sauce/butter combo are DE-licious.