Whipped Bacon Nectar Crema with Lemon and Dijon

nectar
crema
baconnaise
mayonnaise
bacon

:laughing:

(matt ) #8

If you change the name we can see what is does to links that point here. I posted this on the FB page. (with Fiorella’s approval).

You’ve got my approval, Matt…no worries. I post these recipes for all to see and share…spread the love of keto! :heart:

Ok, changed name to nectar.

Great suggestion @BaconNectar!

(matt ) #11

The link on FB auto updates to the new name. Very nice!

Awesome!

32 day ZC Variable Protein Test
(Derek I. Batting) #13

So impressive! Well done. The plating is just perfect.

(Genevieve Biggs) #14

So room temperature bacon nectar? I have my leftovers sitting out. Or do you mean recently rendered and still somewhat warm?

I made this with room temperature grease that has been sitting on my counter for several days.

(Genevieve Biggs) #16

Perfect. I’m going to try this today. :grin:

(Genevieve Biggs) #17

Did you use half a cup? That’s what it looks like in your picture.

That was actually 2/3 cup. But, make final adjustment per the consistency of the crema, as shown, before you put it in the fridge.

(Genevieve Biggs) #19

Maybe it’s my bacon, but there’s still not something quite right. It’s the same problem with my bacon mayo. Maybe I put in too much lemon juice, not sure. It tastes too bacon-ee, if that can even be a thing. Not sure what to try to modify it. Maybe add some melted butter?

Sorry…did you say that the problem is that it tastes too bacon-ee? Or is there another problem?

(Genevieve Biggs) #21

Maybe? It just tastes like I’m eating straight bacon grease.

You may have a very smokey variety of bacon. The lemon juice helps to cut down the strong bacon flavour…but, of course it can’t cancel all of it. Perhaps try a blend of rendered pork fat with bacon grease. It will help to dilute the smokiness?? Your idea of butter, or perhaps ghee, will dilute the smokiness, too.

(Genevieve Biggs) #23

It’s a naturally cured Amish bacon from my half hog. That might make it more smokey. I’ll try adding some plain lard first. Thanks!

Wow, sounds wonderful!

(charlson.melissa) #25

@Fiorella You’re my hero!

(Candy Lind) #26

I know it’s an old post … but once a Goddess, ALWAYS a Goddess! :heart_eyes: