While walking today

(AnnaLeeThal) #1

…I realized that my thighs weren’t rubbing together. :joy:

No more holes in the thighs! :sunglasses:

(AnnaLeeThal) #3

Ha! I never walked fast enough to get that result :joy::joy:. But now that there is no friction it makes me think I could take up running again! Well, for me it’s a slow woggle, I’m one of the slowest runners out there.

(Larry Lustig) #4

There is not enough low-carb, high-fat food in the world to make me want to take up running! But I do bicycle.

(AnnaLeeThal) #5

I started running maybe 6 years ago because I wanted to lose weight, and all runners are skinny, right?! Lol at myself back then, oh you silly ignorant sweetie pie you. I freaking hated it. Hated. But then I followed a couch to 5K program and hated it less.

I started actually enjoying running once I realized that you don’t have to actually run the entire time, that it’s ok to walk part of the time. Intervals are great, and maybe even better physicially than consistent running. What made it even better was discovering the Maffetone Method and heart rate training. Oh, and barefoot running.

The thing that got me out of running was injury and time constraints. I felt I didn’t have the time to train well enough to keep myself from being injured. Oh, and some bowel issues, but I won’t get into that…let your imagination take you where it will.

Overall I did learn to love running, but I am not quite sure I do have the dedication required right now to be a runner again, and it’s always freaking dark when I get home from work. I do get stuck in that mom mode of “there are more important things to take care of other than myself” and put aside exercise to deal with household or child related things.

Dang it. I think I’m talking myself into running again…now where’s my heartrate monitor, yaktraks, and compression gear?!

(darlee44) #6

Wouldn’t that be great? I’d love to too!!

It also makes corduroy jeans an option again. Very 70’s. :grin:

(AnnaLeeThal) #8

No bursting into flames! I think corduroy is back in too!

(ryancrawcour) #9

If anyone sees me running, they should start running too b/c it probably means someone is chasing me and wants to kill me! :joy:

(ryancrawcour) #10

No, sorry, corduroy is so not back in again! :stuck_out_tongue:

(AnnaLeeThal) #11

Dang it. Well, I’ll probably still wear it because I give zero fucks.

This is frickin awesome! There are hiker ladies that wear skirts and dresses, but I’ve never been able to because of thigh chafing (ouch!). Crossing my fingers I’ll be able to next summer!