Which is Healthier, Keto WOE or the Carnivore Diet

(Davy) #41

Thanks for the warning (though it may have been tongue in cheek) but I’m my own man. Usually quiet and won’t go any crusades; especially not any global warming parades, shooting at anyone, or nuke gay vegan whales for Jesus. But this’ll be a thrill of a ride, looking for those energy spurts after 30 days. lol we all die in the end.

(Davy) #42

My meal tonight. . .

(Richard Morris) #43

For the record I agree with @atomicspacebunny in an ideal world you would have maximum flexibility and be able to eat from the buffet and satiety would stop you when your tank is full, and your metabolic rate would then be able to adapt to your energy output requirements.

This world is not ideal. Some people can’t eat a moderate amount of carbohydrates, or peanuts, or lactose, or grains, or mammal meat, or nightshades, or alcohol, or oxalic acid, or protein, or arsenic. That’s why we have an executive function to override our choice of food that gets us the best bang for buck.

For someone who is hyperinsulinaemic, it is likely that an ideal diet would be ultra low carbohydrate and the minimum protein that you retain muscle mass so that your liver takes the drivers wheel of your glucose levels.

(Doing a Mediterranean Keto) #44

I completely agree with you, except for one thing I do not understand “eating to satiety”. For me, keto has been helpful to understand that I can finish eating being hungry, but in 30 minutes I will not be hungry, and I can resist say 6 hours without being hungry.

Before, eating grains, that was impossible.

So for me (fast eater) eating to satiety is not a good rule. I assume many are like me. The key to control satiety is knowing that what you eat will satiate you in a few minutes … but not now! Otherwise, I would eat “too much”, even now with a keto diet.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #45

I’m like you Arbre. That’s why I have to use my eyes to determine the right amount and I use the same three dishes (medium, shallow bowls) to eat meals in. It took some time to figure it out but if I eat what’s in the bowl and still feel hungry, I can wait and the message comes in a bit and I stay sated until morning. If I went by my appetite, I’d eat twice as much and feel sick soon after.

(Doing a Mediterranean Keto) #46

In my case, I had to ask my wife to put me the food in the plate every time I eat. I may cook, but I never put the food in my plate. I only eat what I am served (except for things which are easily measurable, like half of a protein bar, for example). It works for me.

(Jack Bennett) #47

I can easily overshoot satiety as well. I find that during the work week I can target satiety (not too much, not too little, just right…) by eating the same meals over and over. I know how I’m going to feel and can avoid eating too much unknowingly.

I never overeat on my plan.

I eat every single bite with relish til I can’t eat another one after the last one I forked up. Then I just go forever and ever not needing food again.

when I do I eat as much as I want.

I don’t want anyone controlling my food, or even me in a way. I do as my body says. I feel hungry I take another bite til that one bite where I begin to eat it and my body says no.

But everyone will do what it takes to suit them personally. That is truly all one can do. But key is not to over manipulate any clean eating plan you are on. You do that you start troubles for yourself. We can easily walk ourselves into a bad spot faster than we think, doing things to ‘control’ our food too much. A lot of us have been there also.

This is too funny!!

this is a fun thread LOL