Which is Healthier, Keto WOE or the Carnivore Diet

(Davy) #1

…that is in the short run as well as long run?

(Katie) #2

Carnivore is inherently keto, unless all that you are consuming is low-fat milk.

(Davy) #3

Right. I just learned about the Carn. WOE recently. It’s just for quicker fat loss and quicker to get you into ketosis, right? Not sustainable?

(Jack Bennett) #4

This topic is probably not going to elicit any strong opinions or debate… :joy::laughing::joy::laughing:

(Bob M) #5

Carnivore is done if you have issues with plants. For instance, some autoimmune issues seem to be related to plants. Some people on “keto” (whatever that means) have experienced benefits going to carnivore. Some people are affected by dairy, so that might be an issue regardless of carnivore/keto.

(bulkbiker) #6

Why not sustainable do you think?

(Davy) #7

I’ve just heard about it, so still learning…but not sustainable because where do you get all your necessary vitamins and minerals? e.g. magnesium, potassium, vitamin C, E, etc, etc.
Just asking.

I think this is totally individual.
If keto works for you go with keto.
If keto either doesn’t work or doesn’t quite get you where you need to be then try carnivore.

(Katie) #9

There are adequate amounts in organ meats and egg yolks (eating nose-to-tail), especially liver. Dr. Paul Saladino is a great resource for this, I recommend his podcast.

From the diet. Totally sustainable. There is nothing you need that cannot be found, arguably in a more bioavailable form, in animal products.

(Jack Bennett) #11

Vitamin C is a particularly well-documented topic among carnivore people because it’s the first question that anybody asks (“but meat doesn’t have any vitamin C so how do you avoid scurvy?!”)

(Davy) #12

I’m just getting back into KEto, then heard about Carnivore. For me, it’s always really hard to get down to 20-25 g of carbs…but yesterday I read an article or e-book on Carnivore, and it really helped/helps me to get below 20g. I got 16 yesterday and see no problem to get that again today, to get me into ketosis quicker. It seems to me, to be a great jump starter WOE; the Carnivore that is. Your long thread is a great kickstarter too, BarefootBob.

If you do link to the nutrita site be sure to read Amber O’hearns guide to carnivore on there. It’s a very good resource.

(Davy) #14

Just read about this…i’m going to have to add liver.

(Davy) #15

I’m keeping an open mind…thanks for the input. Got to buy some liver today. Question please - cow liver or chicken liver is better? or about the same?

(Katie) #16

A lot of people are put off by the taste. Many eat it frozen, or swallow it frozen in small pieces like pills. I like it cooked rare. Whatever you do, do not overcook it :wink: I love it, to be honest. I am happy that you are incorporating it. Even non-carnivores should, in my opinion.

(Bob M) #17

I like cow liver better, though chicken liver is good.

(Bob M) #18

And don’t hesitate to alternate them.

(Katie) #19

I recommend beef liver. Comparing the two conventional industries, even though both are not good, (at least in the USA), I think that there is less risk with the beef industry. Thomas Delauer kind of explains that in this video. Both are probably fine though.

(Davy) #20

I like the taste of chicken liver; it’s been soooo long since I ate cow liver, I don’t remember how it tastes. Why do you like cow liver better? Were you talking about taste or nutrition or what? Thanks man.