Whey Low

(Kristin ) #1

Have any of you tested the actual effects of this sugar sub on blood sugar? It contains real sugar, but a chemist worked to find a way to keep it from being absorbed into the body…

Just wondering other people’s experiences?

(Renee Slaughter) #2

Didn’t find anything on YouTube. But found a listing on Amazon with a few older reviews. Everyone except a few liked it very much and compared it to sugar. I haven’t found my sweetener replacement yet. So maybe so.

(Steve ricci ) #3

Never heard of it. I try to eat what the body can recognize and not modified as much as possible. I ask up for new stuff if its good though. I should look it up.

(Retta Stephenson) #4

I’d like to hear the experiences of others with Whey Low, also. I actually started using it over 10 years ago, when it first came out. But when I went LCHF and then Keto, was not so sure about it, so switched to things like stevia, xylitol and erythritol.

But I will be honest and say this: it tasted (to me) absolutely like sugar! And the brown sugar and maple sugar flavors were to die for. In fact, it was so good, it made me want more, and that is the main reason I backed off. Never got around to checking my blood sugars after eating it, but I do remember WANTING more and more things made with it. Right there was enough to raise red flags for me. But… YMMV.

Here is a link to their clinical study: https://www.wheylow.com/Articles.asp?ID=266

(Jodi Barker) #5

I’ve used whey low since the early 2000s for different dieting proposes and my mother used it to regulate blood sugar as a type 2 diabetic. I can say that it was great for her blood sugar as it had no impact on her levels and, for me, as a dieter following both Atkins and the keto diet, it never threw me out of ketosis. What’s better is that, unlike typical sweeteners (Splenda and stevia, etc.), there is no aftertaste at all and it can be substituted 1:1 in recipes making the conversion beyond simple. The fact that Whey Low is naturally derived from whey protein is a bonus. The website also offers great discounts.