Where to buy spaghetti squash in Melbourne?

Like it says on the tin, I’m wondering where I can buy spaghetti squash in Melbourne. I’m in outer south-east (Lynbrook). I’ve never seen it, and I’m also wondering if we call it the same thing in Australia? Most references to it are from the US.

(Guardian of the bacon) #2

I’ve been wondering the same thing…let me know if you find out and I’ll do the same. I used to live in Lynbrook, but moved just up the road to Sandhurst a few years ago. :grinning:

Haha, around the corner :slight_smile:

I’m thinking maybe Dandenong Market? But I’m hoping to get a lead on here rather than wandering around at random.

Yeah, I was thinking there too…or perhaps that spectacular green grocery at Fountain Gate at the TGIF end. I’ve got all my friends on the lookout for it as they toodle about, so hopefully between us all someone will track down a source.

Me thinks I just stumbled upon a business opportunity in Australia…

(Danielle) #7

It’s definitely around. We have previously gotten it from farmers markets and it would definitely be at south Melbourne market. A bit far to travel for it though. I am not sure it would be in season at the moment though.

I work in St Kilda road, so it’s not around the corner but not completely out of the question. Thanks for the tip. What would the season be, do you know? I have no idea about such matters… :smiley:

(Jacquie) #9

Spaghetti squash is considered a winter squash and is harvested in late summer/early fall. I’m in Canada and it’s readily available in the stores, in season, but we grow our own, too. :slight_smile:

(Danielle) #10

This may help you

(Guardian of the bacon) #11

Kept cool, It has a very long shelf life as do most of the winter squashes.

It does, thanks. A few places listed in that article to try, and I think we’re going to a farmer’s market this weekend.

Found!!! Head on over to Fountain Gate

Excellent! Thank you!

I found your spaghetti squash. Pesky critters were hiding in disguise

Found them today, and bought one. Haven’t tried cooking it yet, that will be the next adventure.

I have to put aside my natural aversion to any food which makes claims about being “super”

(Guardian of the bacon) #17

Seeds are nice roasted with garlic salt.

(Amanda Stephens) #18

I’ve found the website for Milano Brothers Spaghetti Squash. They list the shops that sell their Spaghetti Squash. https://www.milanobrothersvegetablespaghetti.com/about1-c14te

I don’t know what months they are available for though. I grow it myself, so I’ve got my own from about end Jan - June.

(Deniz Marchmont) #19

I’m in Sandhurst :slight_smile: