Where have you compromised?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #21

When I am at home I don’t have any off plan foods except for holidays which I don’t overindulge in the carbs, but I have 50-70 probably. My recent time on vacation I have not been as good, some diet soda and a Cuban meal that was pretty carb heavy and made me feel ill. A few other dietary indiscretions, returning home tomorrow and I will find out how 7 weeks of traveling has affected me weight wise. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #22

Great topic! Pre-keto I lived on wine, bread and cheese. I made my own bread, muffins and rolls.

When I switched to Keto, I was all about 90-second bread, low carb crepes, pork rind waffles and low carb muffins and breads. 18 months in and I don’t have any of those.

My carbs consciously go to 1/2 cup Hash Browns on rare occasions that are smothered in butter, sour cream, avocado and cheese.

And wine. 1-2x per week I get my carbs from wine. :hushed:

(Jane) #23

My main compromise has been for my husband. He said he would do keto with me, cook keto and support me as long as I made him sourdough waffles every 2 weeks from the starter I keep in the fridge.

I agreed. He used to eat 2-1/2. Now he eats one and 1/2-3/4 of mine, depending on how much I eat. I eat my bacon first then load it up with butter and just a very little amount of SF syrup. Each one is around 25-30 carbs and I never eat more than a half so I fit it into my day. I no doubt go over 20 for the day but not waaaaay over and only every 2 weeks.

(Ben ) #24

Feast and Fast seems like a good option. I can have it all and still PAY for it.

(Bob M) #25

I will eat dessert every once in a while, and sometimes white potatoes. Went out with the wife two Fridays ago, had 1/2 a baked potato (with sour cream, butter) with my steak and we bought 1 slice cheesecake, which we split at home. Was in ketosis again Monday according to my Ketonix.

Will eat cake/ice cream for holidays and birthdays or other special occasions. Will eat (real) pizza once in a while. It’s still tasty, but causes me chest congestion the next day.

I try to limit these, but it’s not a big deal. If I have to, I can fast my way back into ketosis.

(Heather Meyer) #26

:hushed::hushed::hushed::astonished:Yo Mama needs to watch your mouth out with Soap!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Heather Meyer) #27

I compromise by eating sugar-free semi sweet chocolate chips at night instead of Keto desserts now.
I also will indulge in a Maltitol sweetened Chocolate Headgehog when visiting family in the big City.

I compromise every day and drink a Diet Coke every day…

#lifestylenotdiet

(Laurie) #28

I don’t mind being a hermit and avoiding all social pressure and temptation. But my boyfriend asked me to go to the weekly potlucks with him. They’ve been my downfall lately. There’s lots of meat. The other food is “healthy” but not necessary keto, e.g., root vegetables, baked apples with cinnamon only. This has started me on a slippery slope.

Now I have a bad cold and have eaten oranges and yogurt, which are supposed to help with a cold. The yogurt is what my bf had in the house–the fruity stuff that contains sugar. Last week I bought premade meatballs that contain wheat.

I was once on Atkins for 11 months without compromising, so I know I can do it if I really commit.

(Cynthia Anderson) #29

Chips. I found some chips that are 12 carbs per serving. I eat 1/2 serving with my low carb tortilla sandwich.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #30

So fill up on the meat. :+1:

Next!

(Tina Moore) #31

I am only a month in and have stuck to my plan about 99percent. I however love sushi and plan to treat myself soon!!

Every Sunday my husband makes me a tortilla with lots of Colby jack cheese. Yum. :wink: Otherwise I stay on the straight and narrow. 20 lbs lost so far. 30 to go.

(Bryce P.) #33

I eat way too many nuts. Otherwise no compromises! Under 30 total carbs per day (usually 10 net carbs)

(Empress of the Unexpected) #34

Corn or flour?

Flour. My digestive system won’t tolerate corn.

(Running from stupidity) #36

After a whole month, eh?

FWIW I’d consider giving it at least three months before having anything over the 20 grams of carbs - give your bod the best chance to really adapt to burning fat :slightly_smiling_face:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #38

I think this discussion is probably pointless. I have observed that when people are planning to eat carbohydrate, they are very unmoved by hearing what the metabolic consequences will be—just as an alcoholic who is planning to drink is unmoved by talk of cirrhosis and brain damage.

(Cindy) #39

Paul, I wasn’t really referring to carbs or even major “off plan” compromises. Just the day to day adjustments people make to continue eating this way.

Another example for me…I wasn’t normally a coffee drinker, but I use coffee with HWC as my morning routine on many days because it’s my compromise to avoid my morning routine that used to include brewing sweet tea for the day. But I don’t really want to depend on coffee for caffeine or anything else. It’s just my current compromise.

Same for eating low carb bread and pre-packaged keto cookies. I don’t think either one is necessarily very healthy, but it was a good compromise vs eating deli cookies.

(Running from stupidity) #40

And two minutes later, I see this on IG :slight_smile: