Where do you buy pork rinds?

I’ve never tried them, now I realize they might make a good fat bomb type of snack. Crunchy is usually a good thing for me.

They’re more high in protein than in fat. Kind of airy and not fatty. But, surprisingly high in protein, if you’re watching that sort of thing.

(Shayne) #15

I live in the southern US, so you can find them here in just about every store - even Michael’s and Home Goods!

(Gail P) #16

Aaand don’t forget convenience stores.

(Mike W.) #17

Just remember most of the “spicy” or “BBQ” ones usually have a laundry list of ingredients. Look for just pork skins and salt.

(Mike W.) #18

(Ronald Weaver) #19

Here in France they’re completely unknown…dommage !! Even in England , except in the Black Country…if you’re allowed to call it that nowadays…pork scratchings are hard to find. But the saddest thing of all, is that all the UK pork scratchings that I’ve been able to try have savagely spiked my BG levels.

Bugger !

(Karen) #20

Most of our stores to carry them. Chicharrones Walmart has salt and vinegar ones. Yum

(Sharon A Peters) #21

Ryan, don’t know where you are so I can focus suggestions, but here goes: the packaged brand you’re looking for (ideally) is Mac’s; they are usually at Walmarts and, if you have Kroger’s, they also tend to carry Mac’s. The best source, though, is a Mexican market with a good-sized prepared foods (steam table with carnitas, guisos, nopales, etc.) where they tend to make their own chicharrones (pork rinds) in house. A good one will have chicharron de cuero (crispy skin, no meat or fat - big pieces of it) chicharron botanero (small 1" x 1.5" pieces, with some fat still attached - this is what you want for “bread” crumbs for breading and gratins, etc.) and chicharron gordo (with skin, fat and meat attached; these are the ones that are stewed with either red or green salsa for a guiso for tacos). If all else fails, there’s always Baken-ettes.

(Erin Macfarland ) #22

This is sad…pork rinds and cracklings are my go to for crunchy, salty cravings. You can order good ones for a decent price from Thrive market!

(Erin Macfarland ) #23

Omg I LOVE Macs cracklings!

Walmart usually, they’re like $1.50 a bag and I usually clear out the shelf of how ever many they have :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Bulk Barn!

Freshcracklins.com has been my favorite spot.

(Kristina Mc Givern) #27

I just ordered from Buster Rhino’s last week. It is in Whitby and I’m in Kitchener. If all you’ve had is store bought pork rinds, you’re in for a treat. These melt in your mouth and the flavors are out of this world… I bought the variety pack and some BBQ sauce. If you order $50 the shipping is free. www.busterrhinos.com I think I liked the parmesan garlic the best so far though they are all good.

(Linda) #29

Our local Walmart had a brand called Rudolph’s Cracklins that were quite tasty, so naturally they quit carrying them.

(Troy) #30

Utz - Sam’s Club $7ish jug. Hard to find there now

Members Mark - Sam’s Club $7ish jug in house brand

Mission - Target $2ish

Superior Grocery - in house brand. $.99 below

Dollar General - Brims $.99 below

Walmart - bacon -ets $2ish

I hate pork rinds😬

(Christa Maxey) #31

Fire Cracklins from Walmart my absolute FAVORITE

(Maria Ortiz) #33

Best to buy them online. Out of all the rinds and cracklins I’ve had in my life, Mac’s brand is by far the best when it comes to taste and quality. I get mine from Wal-Mart. I prefer the cracklins as they are far better tasting and have the most attached fat I’ve ever seen on any brand. They sell them online too. They also make these things called Cracklin’ Curls which are amazing, that’s if your teeth can handle that kind of crunch!