Where do you buy pork rinds?

(Ryan Tuttle) #1

So in my area a lot of the grocery stores dont carry ANY pork rinds yet i see pictures of pork rinds in a plethora of flavors! Where do you find yours rinds?

(Tim W) #2

We get ours at wal-mart.

I’m in Ontario, Canada and can’t find any pork rinds at standard groceries. Except today at a wal Mart, clipped to the side of a drop display for Lays chips were a single column of them hanging, and by chance they caught my eye. Destiny.

Wasnt a brand i’ve heard recommended but really want to try the recipes (breadcrumb replacement! Loaded Nachos!) So took the plunge. Anybody in the Toronto area have a good RIND SOURCE? :wink:

(Mike W.) #4

Aldi! $.99/bag. We buy 8-12 at a time.

(Bryan Bailliache) #5

I’m up in Vaughan and also find it hard to find but find I did at a no frills, specifically at dufferin and Rutherford. Not in the chip isle either but ethnic.

Good tip I always assumed it would be with the chips! Will scour the ethnic aisles, thx

(Doug) #7

Walmart is good, but they usually only have the smaller bags of regular pork rinds, $1 apiece, while the larger ones - Barbecue flavor and “hot” as in peppery, are $1.69 or something. I wish they had the bigger ones in the plain flavor…

(Consensus is Politics) #8

Note: there are other names for the most as well. Cracklins is what my grandpa called them. Although to me those are slightly different. They have some soft fat on them that isn’t blistered up into puffy crispy like the others. AND then there is chicherrones (sp?). I think that’s an ethnic name.

(Ryan Tuttle) #9

Walmart has a very limited selection here as well.

Aldi and Winn Dixie. I like the salt and vinegar flavor from Winns

(Jo O) #11

Most gas station convenience stores have it.

Kroger has it in the middle of the chips aisle on the bottom shelf.

Mexican/international markets have it all over the store.
I saw it at an Asian market (99 Ranch) above the freezer bins.

(Sophie) #12

Tub 'O Fried Swine Hides from Sam’s Club…how could I resist?! :heart_eyes:

I’ve never tried them, now I realize they might make a good fat bomb type of snack. Crunchy is usually a good thing for me.

They’re more high in protein than in fat. Kind of airy and not fatty. But, surprisingly high in protein, if you’re watching that sort of thing.

(Shayne) #15

I live in the southern US, so you can find them here in just about every store - even Michael’s and Home Goods!

(Gail P) #16

Aaand don’t forget convenience stores.

(Mike W.) #17

Just remember most of the “spicy” or “BBQ” ones usually have a laundry list of ingredients. Look for just pork skins and salt.

(Mike W.) #18

(Ronald Weaver) #19

Here in France they’re completely unknown…dommage !! Even in England , except in the Black Country…if you’re allowed to call it that nowadays…pork scratchings are hard to find. But the saddest thing of all, is that all the UK pork scratchings that I’ve been able to try have savagely spiked my BG levels.

Bugger !

(Karen) #20

Most of our stores to carry them. Chicharrones Walmart has salt and vinegar ones. Yum