When will I get fat adapted? (2 Weeks in)

I’m not hungry very often but still always want to eat. Still waiting for the increased energy and better mood I think keto is making me crankier

(Blessed with butter ) #36

Just hang in there. I had my first downer day yesterday. It hit hard. We did not get to where we are in a day so don’t expect to get there in a day. I just got my results back today. I am no longer pre diabetic. My ldl is good and my triglycerides went from 191 to 115. In 90 days. I know that my life is changing. Keep going my friend. Get your blood tested now and then in another 3 months. You will find out you are doing it right. Also if you are still hungry eat more fat Look up how to make fat bombs. Eat one after your meal or in between meals if you are hungry. Also put salt under your tongue. I do this you will find that you are not really hungry it’s just you are use to eating all the time. Do you drink coffee. If you do put butter and coconut oil in it and froth it up. Yummmmmmmmmy. Let me know if you need help. :smiley:

(Running from stupidity) #37

Darren might be asleep, so…

YOU ROCK!

(Blessed with butter ) #38

he has been sleeping for a long time! Good morning Mic

An article to read:
https://blog.virtahealth.com/keto-adapted/

(Running from stupidity) #40

Everything is bigger in Texas :slight_smile:

(Leigh Ann) #41

What is a bulletproof coffee?

(Running from stupidity) #42

A trademark infringement lawsuit waiting to happen, I suspect :slight_smile:

Coffee with butter in it, I think. Or MCT oil, maybe, as an alternative.

We should call it “Keto Koffee,” I say.

(Wendy) #43

:sweat_smile::laughing::smile::smiley::joy::grin::heart:

Nah, it’s more like everyone saying Kleenex or Band-Aid whether they are using that brand or not.

It’s any coffee with fat anymore. Recipes vary.

(Paul) #44

Chris, what else are you eating? That’s the first thing I would look at. But the short answer is every lone is different. You need to make sure your getting the right vegetables. The first time I was on the diet I was not eating enough veggies and started to have issues with my bowls. Here are a few things I consume. Coffee or tea in the morning. 2 cups with 1 heaping teaspoon of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of real butter in each cup. For lunch I made a big pan of chicken stir fry. Chicken, a little bit of bacon, Chopped cauliflower, bock choy, mushrooms, green peppers. Ginger, soy sauce, salt and pepper, and some spicy stuff. I cooked all of that in the bacon greas and I added some gee butter and coconut oil for extra fat. I always try to make extra food so when I get home from work I have something ready. I’m a widowed truck driver but I get to come home everyday. It can be very challenging at first but there is a lot of good info out there to help you. Pinterest has helped me out some with my meal plans. Check it out and good luck.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #45

For what it’s worth, my experience is that keeping salt intake up is enough by itself.

Keeping insulin low (by avoiding carbohydrate as much as possible) will allow the leptin to register on your hypothalamus and restore your satiety signaling.

(Blessed with butter ) #46

Excellent post by the way. You are a necessary part of this forum :+1:

(Dena Gann) #47

Thank you so much for responding!! I can’t do salt and must keep my sodium levels very low do to having Meniere’s Disease and I am deaf from it. I gotta keep in my mind that everyone doesn’t have this.

I did a lot of reading on Leptin and found out what it does and what can/can’t be done about it. I take in roughly about 10 carbs a day and have remained at the same weight, give or take a pounds, for the past 5 weeks. I workout on cardio EVERY day for an hour and lift weights EVERY day for an hour. My key tones are no longer showing on the pee sticks so I am not sure if it is that I am now using up what keystones my body is producing or what. I am VERY strict with what I put in my body and have become obsessed with my workout routines. I also have NO cheat days/meals. I am to the point of now skipping meals and eating very little. So I am disconcerted as to why I am not losing any weight. I figure I am in starvation mode now and am at a loss as to where to go from here. Any suggestions/support/ help would be absolutely welcome.

Eating less slows metabolism. I eat for a family of 5. Eat less frequently with large quantities. This will allow you to chew through body fat between meals.

Also in regards to BM’s, I’m eating 3-4 dozen eggs, pounds of meat, pounds of cheese every week and go #2 at MOST once a day, usually every other day. My body absorbs just about everything I eat.

(Running from stupidity) #50

Generally speaking, this is a HORMONE control diet, not primarily a CALORIE control diet. (“Diet” being used to mean “the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats,” not society’s current usage of the word.) As Kris said, the last thing you want to do is slow down your metabolism.

I highly recommend The Obesity Code by Dr Jason Fung. It’s a mostly good and easy read which explains a lot of this.

I also wrote a post last week which tries to give an overview of this as well.

(Dena Gann) #51

It was actually your post that got me into reading about hormones and what factor they pay in weight loss. Thank you!! I also do not count calories not care about them.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #52

Don’t do that.

Work less. Cardio for an hour a day will automatically downregulate your metabolism. Bad. Then lifting weights after wearing yourself out with cardio is liable to reduce your ability to lift the weights, doing it every day is liable to increase your cortisol and not allow you sufficient recovery.

Ditch the cardio for a month. Lift weights for half an hour every second or third day. See how that works.

("Don't call it calories, call it food") #53

Yes! Agree with @LeCheffre

Take a break from exercising so much, eat more food, let your body come out of starvation mode/panic. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Give your body a few months to heal before reassessing. You might have to let your HPA axis heal before you can lose weight. Focus on feeding your body, sleeping.and reducing stress. Exercise can wait a bit :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #54

And yes, we know this advice sounds counter-intuitive and weird :slight_smile: