ketones
ketosis
kryptonite

(Margie) #101

Buggers…not huggers!

(Rob) #102

That is a whole other, scarier movie franchise :flushed::scream:

(Rob) #103

I normally have them on me at all times :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but I’m still fasting… trying not to look… :roll_eyes:

I am the amnesiac :chipmunk:

(Angelica Lopez) #104

Definitely peanut butter. It stalls me every single time I’ve had it over the past 5 years on keto, even small amounts. Plus it makes me crave bad carbs and it bloats me really bad and the effects seem to last for a good week after I stop eating it. If I heard correctly in the past, peanuts give a lot of people issues.

(109d33bb44d476da242e) #105

That looks so yummmy!!! I must look for it today

(Mark Rhodes) #106

My wife in yoga class last night " Macadamia nuts are a gateway drug!"

(Margie) #107

Keep looking …you can do it, Grasshopper😉

(Lauren G. ) #108

I buy Pecans now because Peanut butter was my kryptonite. I order these ones off amazon and pecans have the lowest carb at 1 net per serving. I buy pecan nut butter as well-so even if I decided to eat an entire package of those pecans- I am still at 4 net carbs and an insane amount of fat. I want to find the Tes Talk you’re talking about- I think that 1st world countries have a distorted perception of value, portion, size, etc… Thanks for the post- if I find the TedTalk I will tag you here. :smile:

(Karen) #109

Pecan nut butter? Where would you find such a thing?

(Diane) #110

I’ve seen it on Amazon. I’ve also googled tutorials on how to make it in a food processor. The big tip I came away with… it takes longer than you think. Either way it’s pretty expensive (just a bit more affordable to make your own).

You can also make your own coconut mana from dried, unsweetened coconut flakes. Similarly, it takes longer than you think.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #111

INGREDIENTS: CHEDDAR CHEESE ([AGED OVER 6 MONTHS], PASTEURIZED MILK , CHEESE CULTURE, SALT, ENZYME), WATER, REDUCED PROTEIN WHEY, REDUCED LACTOSE WHEY, CREAM, PORT WINE, COLOR ADDED INCLUDING CARMINE, BLUE 2, RED 40, AND APOCAROTENAL, SORBIC ACID (TO PROTECT FLAVOR), XANTHAN GUM, LACTIC ACID , SALT.

All the ingredients are technically keto, save those pesky mass production additives and the wine. So, I feel slightly less self-loathing when I look down suddenly to discover an empty tub and an incriminating butter knife* in my hand. These rare feeding frenzies are reserved for shitty days when the alternative was murder and my indignant mugshot plastered across the evening news.

*The butter knife is key to scrape off every last smear of cheese from the innards of that little container.

(Lauren G. ) #112

Amazon has various ones but I only purchase the Georgia brand. It’s perfect and the net carbs are at 1-where they should be. I have seen others that have a higher net carb content and I am unsure why because if it is just pecans + salt-it would only be 1. Yes, that particular brand is semi expensive-but it is something I rely on and I know I will use it so it never goes to waste. It’s worth trying though!