What's wrong?

(Jim) #1

Been on this diet for 2 months with minimal to no results. Weight loss is less than 10 pounds.

We are not sure what we are doing wrong here. We follow the plan with less than 30 grams of net carbs daily.

Very frustrated HELP!

No Weight loss what's wrong
(Ethan) #2

We need more background info to offer useful advice. For starters, age, gender, height, weight, example of food you eat in a day.

(Jim) #3

Wife 58 145lbs
Myself 58 245lbs

Both each <40g net carbs daily

(bulkbiker) #4

hmmm. maybe try fewer than 20g net carbs?
Any fasting yet? Maybe skip a meal?

(Ethan) #5

Have you used a blood ketone meter to check ketones? Are you eating foods with sweetener? If so, which? Describe a typical day of food.

Agree with Mark…get your carbs under 20 and see if that helps. Not knowing your wife’s height, and just going on weight, it looks like she doesn’t have a lot to lose and it may be slower going for her. It would be helpful to know a typical day of food for you both and the nice folks around here can give you some pointers to bring that carb number down.

(Jim) #7

Looking for suggestions here…
One of the books we are following indicated we needed to consume 125g of fat daily…what would you suggest

It sounds pretty arbitrary since the amount you consume would be based on eating to satiety, the amount of calories you each want to consume, and what else you’re eating. It will be different for each of you, probably. This calculator might help you understand these issues better and figure out what’s right for you: Keto Calculator

10 lbs. is not “minimal to no results” unless you’re expecting the dramatic “I lost 20 lbs. in two weeks” craziness. Normal results are 1–2 lbs./week. So, in two months (8–9 weeks) a loss of 10 lbs. is normal.

(Garry (Canada)) #9

What plan? How do you know it’s less than 30 net? What are you eating? What’s a typical day of foods/meals?

(Alec) #10

Oh, so much THIS!! As soon as I read the OP post I was thinking this.

And this. Give us some clues and we can help. We WANT to help!! :smile: