What's the most exotic protein you've ever tasted?

(Stickin' with mammoth) #1

Anybody had alligator? Kangaroo? Rattlesnake? Whale? How was it served and what did it taste like?

So far, the only thing I’ve sampled are the bugs I swallow when I ride my bike, but I’m counting it!

(Jacquie) #2

I think frog’s legs are supposed to taste like chicken, too. :smile: I had them years ago. Not sure it tasted like chicken.

(Larry Lustig) #3

Camel. It was delicious.

(John) #4

Camel and dog. Both are similar, mutton beef cross.

Edit:Forgot the how were they. They were both excellent, I didn’t know until about the 3rd day of returning repeatedly for these BBQ skewers of dog that that is what they were. I break down lots of animals, I think being a westerner I would have a much harder time butchering a dog.

(Tom) #5

Mouse, during a survival training.

(Tom) #6

Oh, and haggis, if that counts.

I ate everything on that graph except for crickets…and I’m going to keep it that way!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #8

Go to 39:52

(Richard Morris) #9

Yeah I won’t eat primates or canids being that several members of my immediate family are members - I guess it’s a liberal cannibalism taboo.

I have however eaten the coat of arms (roo and emu), crocodile tail, horse, goat, witchetty grubs, goanna

(Stickin' with mammoth) #10

Geez, I hope everyone’s cat learns to bark around you.

(Cheryl Meyers) #11

Inago, which are crickets boiled in soy sauce and salt. Tasted kinda like crunchy shrimp. My 80-something Japanese mother in law told me that back in her childhood, she and her siblings used to comb the rice fields with nets to capture them for Mom to boil up!

(đ૯αท ʍ૯ઽƬѳท) #12

had kangaroo a fair bit…

(Michelle) #13

Had alligator for sure. The most expensive beef I had was Wagyu in Japan. Paid about $110 US dollars for a 6oz steak.

(Henna Selnes) #14

Whale is just another food here in Norway. But it is seasonal. Love it rare or smoked and sliced thin. Alagator tail kabab. Dog, didn’t like it,I think because it was,a dog. Goat is Viking meat,so yes it’s at all the Viking markets. Boar,was good, but strong taste. Horse,didn’t know until later,it was still good. Ptarmigan, or rype,was excellent, kind of like duck.

(Henna Selnes) #15

(charlson.melissa) #16

In my opinion they taste very much like chicken. A skinny one.

Check, check, and check

that is frigging hilarious!

(Tom) #19

One of my favorite comedians!

(Roxanne) #20

Alpaca (Peru) - leathery and bland
Turtle (Havana) - like chicken dark meat
Bison - gamier than beef
Smoked eel - had this a lot growing up, too darn expensive now