What were your symptoms of oxalate-dumping, and do you think this is one?

really itchy dry legs? And just legs? lol.

Weird. Sure it’s not just the weather?
I had some tooth pain, some eye boogers, and yes dry skin on my legs but not sure if the dry skin was oxylate. I’m really only guessing that the others were based upon what I’ve heard from Ms. Norton.

Kinda like bob on maybe weather? dry air and we itch and get scaly and all? happens to me a bit.

could be toxins dumping from the body if you adapting thru right now.

could be you are not drinking enough water. stay super hydrated on carnivore.

could be contact dermatitis of some type from something??? lol crapshoot on that one.

I would do the usual. Lotions and stuff and all that for whatever you think you need and if it gets bad in anyway hit up a Dr if you think necessary.

So far, I’ve experienced tooth (well, actually gum) pain that was irritating for 3 days and now it’s totally gone. I also had that crusty stuff in the corners of my eyes a lot but that is tapering off. Then some mild headaches. At first, I had an increase of arthritis.

@KetoMomof2teens I believe that itchy skin could also be some kind of oxalate dumping.

Hmm it’s possible (weather). But I live in South Florida where there’s always humidity in the air and I never have this problem. Not enough water is possible, although I feel like I’m drinking all day! Hmm. :thinking:

How’s your fat intake?
I used to get really dry skin when I wasn’t eating enough fat.

Ha ha I just rubbed an eye booger from my eye before starting to type. I’ve heard them called sleepy seeds by a young niece. Little girls universally seem kind.

If the itchy skin on legs is a stand alone symptom it may not be oxalates.

More localised to the hands or feet it could be. Sometimes pale patches can be seen in or under the skin and as they grow out they turn into peeling skin.

My symptoms of oxalate dump are heart palpitations, tiredness, plantar foot cramps, peeling skin on hands, feet and legs below the knees. The skin peeling was preceded by itchy, tingling prickliness inside feet and finger joints and deep under the skin. I saw oxalate patches along the base of my feet mainly near the heal. Sore teeth inside the teeth like little needle fine drills and increased dental calculus production. Pain around old scars. And eye boogers.

Interesting replies. Well since I continue to track out of curiosity, I can tell you it doesn’t look like my fat intake is that off?

This is just under 1500 cal, also which is typical for me (not hungry for more). I’ve been feeling REALLY nauseous the past two nights also and I don’t know if that’s a symptom. Not pregnant. Lol.

Also I should say, a lot of days the protein is higher than this and the fat is a little lower. more typical would be 90g protein and 114 fat or something like that.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #10

Could it just be Keto Rash? Lots of people get that. :cowboy_hat_face:

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/search?context=topic&context_id=95334&q=Keto%20rash&skip_context=true

Wow that would be interesting since I’ve been eating keto for 2 years lol… :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #12

@Wahinewanders still has pretty bad outbreaks sometimes. She’s somewhere about three years into KETO. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Brandy) #13

I’ll hit my second Ketoversary in March, although I marked my second year low carb in October. But yeah, after all this time, I will still occasionally get keto rash. It coincides with periods of dramatic weight loss. So, during the first 9 months I had that rash constantly. Now my body weight drops in ounces, with only occasional spurts of several pounds at a time. Never the less, if I’m going through a “whoosh” or about to, I’ll get that rash.

(Edith) #14

Just recently I had sore teeth that lasted for a day or two and then I got cloudy urine. (I’m thinking about collecting a urine sample the next time it happens and looking at it under a microscope. I’m curious to know if I can see the crystals.) My lips started to peel. I also got some bumps on my neck that looked almost like bug bites, but they coincided with the other symptoms and went away with the other symptoms.

This happened about two weeks into my return to carnivore. I had some of these symptoms when I tried carnivore this past May, particularly the sore teeth. I thought maybe the sore teeth was caused by a vitamin c deficiency. Then I learned about oxalates and oxalate dumping and I now know that sore teeth is a symptom of that.

I’ve had cloudy urine from time to time, it could definitely be connected to oxalates. I tried to correlate it with higher protein days, but it wasn’t consistent.
Definitely something worth testing…

I had that sore teeth pretty bad. It totally left after a about a week. I still get an occasional crusty in the corner of my eyes but that’s been about all.

(Gail ) #17

I started Keto 2 yr ago and my teeth hurt. I could not find anywhere saying this was a part of adaptation. Now that I’m reading this about Oxalates, I think that must be what it was. Ha!!

@Paulene