What time do you guys stop eating?

(Karla Sykes) #1

I am watching this documentary and they are stating that no one should eat past 6 p.m. or 7 pm. What time do you guys usually stop eating? I think I’m going to start stop beating around 6 p.m.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

3:00pm :cowboy_hat_face:

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #3

Between 7-10pm, depending on how things go. I also mostly just eat one meal.

Depending on the day, but our dinner (omad) is sometime between 5 and 7pm. I don’t like to eat at work and I prefer to have my home-cooked dinner with my husband.

I usually have dinner at 7.00 or 8.00 pm, depending on when I get home. I’m a bit of a night-owl, but trying not to snack in the evenings after dinner. Breakfast (if I have it) wouldn’t be until at least 12 to 13 hours later, or I might just skip straight to lunch at 1.00-2.00ish.

(Troy) #6

Please share
What documentary?:wink:

Oh
And, I do not eat past 630-ish
However, 99.4787% it’s rarely past 5pm these days

(Karla Sykes) #7

It’s called fasting on Amazon Prime

3 to 4 hours before bed.

Dr Dale Bredesen recommends it as part of an anti-Alzheimer’s protocol.

(Allie) #9

Normally 3pm but on the rare occasion that I want food in the evening, never after 6pm.

(back and doublin' down) #10

Either 6pm or 7pm, depending on work schedule. Lunch is around noon. Other than HWC in my coffee, rarely have anything in the mornings. When I do, then I seem to be hungry all day. so nahhh, I pass. My body does well on that 18:6 window, and lately I’ve been focusing on lunch so evening is much lighter meal.

Usually 4pm but it was 11:05am today (because I just HAD TO try chaffle, I never did it before, me and my curious self, I was so nicely satiated though but I ate it. I imagine I will have a longer fast even if I do OMAD tomorrow too) and I stopped eating around 3-4am when I happened to eat unusually late…
I need to eat in the afternoon, dinner is fine if I need the calories or have my meal then, sometimes I don’t eat before 6pm. I don’t care, me going bed after 3-4am is WAY worse, I feel it quite much, I try to change that since decades but I naturally don’t eat very late when I do things properly.
Eating at 8-9pm is quite nice just almost always overeating in my case. Stopping eating 12 hours before bedtime is borderline safe even off keto so I like my usual 3pm mealtime.
Tomorrow I will eat as late as I can, if I won’t be hungry at 4pm, it will be 8pm or later but it would be wonderful not eating at all. I’m not into rules about times if I don’t feel the need in my body. Eating before sleep feels great just usually unnecessary. I don’t know what my body does then but never complains. But I typically sleep in a fasted state so I don’t need to worry about it anyway.

On TMAD, I always eat after 6pm, it’s inevitable but as I wrote, feels fine.
In my case, eating in the morning is the bad thing and I almost never do that.

(Bob M) #12

Unfortunately, I eat often past 7, 8 or even 9pm and go to bed before 10pm.

(Wendy) #14

It depends on the day. Tonight I just finished dinner and it’s 9 or close to it. That’s pretty late for me. I wasn’t hungry earlier but then got progressively hungrier this evening. Usually I am done by 7. I eat my first meal any where from 11AM to 3PM usually around noon on average. It is my biggest meal of my day usually, and I only have a half hour lunch break most days.

Do what works for you. There is no right answer that fits everyone.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #15

You guys are all doing KETO wrong. It’s my way or the carbway. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:joy::joy::grin::cowboy_hat_face:

(Allie) #16

Oh well I’m good then as I do it your way, which is actually my way because I sleep so much better when I don’t eat for hours before bed… :joy:

In seriousness though, anyone who hasn’t tried going to bed fasted and is able to do so, give it a try as you never know how much better you’ll be able to sleep as a result. When sleeping is on track, everything else gets so much better.

(Wendy) #17

I’ve slept both ways. If I’ve over eaten I’d maybe have issues with sleeping but other wise not. I slept well last night and feel refreshed this morning. I don’t need coffee either. :smile:

(David Cooke) #18

Midday meal, next meal a big breakfast after my morning run + strong coffee. It works.

(Troy) #19

+1
I could not agree more
So true for me as well
Waking up is another plus, generally no longer lag
Anxious to get my black iced coffee…prob has something to do with my NSV prompt alertness :smile:

It’s different every day for us. But when you are doing this healthy keto lifestyle, you should rely on your hunger signals. When your insulin and blood sugar are normalized and your brain isn’t blurred from those sugar addictions, your body knows when you are truly hungry, so if you are, just eat. Moderate protein 3-6oz. depending on your body composition and around the same amount of fat. If you get hungry again soon afterwards, just add more fat to your next meal!

(Rebecca ) #21

It really depends in what is going on each day. I usually try to be done eating between 6-7 and my first meal is usually about noon-1. If I am truly hungry, I will adjust though. I have allowed my body to let me know when it is hungry or satisfied…which I had never done in the past.