What is your desert island animal?

(Tubeman) #1

You are trapped on a desert island and can have a stock of one animal for food, which do you choose?

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #2

Pigs. Lotta different flavors on a pig, lotta different textures, takes on other flavors well.

(Jay Patten) #3

Pigeons. I’ll tie lots of notes to their feet and wait for rescue!

But to answer in the spirit of the question, I would choose chickens. They eat anything (bugs, weeds, grass, seeds, small snakes and rodents… anything) and can’t fly away. They are very easy to hatch and raise, and offer a wide variety of meat (eggs, dark meat, white meat, wings). They are also very funny little birds. I used to keep about 50 hens and a couple of roosters when I lived in the country. Of all the animals I had (pig, pony, goats, rabbits, peacocks, chickens) they were by far my favorites. Believe it or not, they have lots of personality, so they would make good companions.

(Sophie) #4

I think I’d pick chickens too, because I wouldn’t have to feed them and they’d still feed me in many ways.

(Karen) #5

So chickens. Keeps on giving and a perfect food.

K

(Rob) #6

Probably a goat. Hardy, flexible (milk/cheese), sustainable and endorsed by sailors and pirates for centuries! :desert_island:

(Sophie) #7

I believe I could use the dried out breasts to lure other, large varmints to trap too. Everybody loves a chicken dinner!

Lamb.

Before I went ZC I craved lamb (fat, meat, offal) for 3 solid months. Can’t get enough. Though am craving it less nowadays.

Only thing that stops me living on it is the price.

(Marie Dantoni) #9

For some reason I read that as “dessert” island.

(Tubeman) #10

:rofl: gotta find something to do with those dried out breasts!!!

(Tubeman) #11

MMmm…that won’t be a hard island to live on!

I realized recently that the one of the few times I crave sweets now is when I see photos of yummy looking desserts and pastries! Is that a keto dessert!?

(Marie Dantoni) #12

Strawberries dusted w/ cocoa powder and about a quarter packet of splenda w/ whipped heavy cream…totally keto, my friend.