What is with my keto mojo accuracy? anyone else comparing meters?

(George Hernandez) #1

I am getting different readings between my 2 ketone meters. I am using a precision xtra which i have compared with 2 other precision xtras and they match up and also using the new keto mojo. I use the code chip that comes with.
I use the same blood drop for both test strips when possible.

todays differences raise my concern more than previous ones.
I tested with the mojo and got a 1.1 which is higher than i expected so i brought out the precision.
I tested .3 with the precision. WTF!

a couple of hours later i retested side by side and same blood drop.
Mojo .7 vs precision .3

anyone else comparing meters?
Mistermojo what say you?

(Damon Chance) #2

Did you calibrate it?

(George Hernandez) #3

I did.
thx

(VLC.MD) #4

Ask for ketones with your next lab work. Then compare the two monitors to the lab !

(Damon Chance) #5

Do they have their control solution available yet? I’ve seen threads on Reddit where people were saying their meter was not comparing right and it seems like they got good customer service from the company.

(Tony Boarman) #6

I just got my keto mojo meter in and I’ve been comparing it with a breath ketone meter. I’m not sure that it’s 100% accurate, but it has definitely been fluctuating in the same pattern as my breathalyzer.

I wonder if the keto mojo or the precision is more accurate? It would be interesting to find out.

Several folks here, myself included, have the Mojo and Xtra and have compared them. Some of us have even posted pics. My readings where the same.
https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/ketomojo-ketone-and-glucose-meter-initial-impression-review/

(Ella ) #8

Hey Tony,
Have you ever figured out what the problem was?
As far as I now the accuracy for the Mojo and Precision should be equal. You dont get the exact same results but they should not have more difference than about 0.3, as they are both FDA approved.

I found some more differences on this review that compares the both. http://foodadviceonline.com/keto-mojo-compared-to-precision-xtra/

But nothing on accuracy, so far I think I am going for the keto mojo, (at the moment using a cheapo which doesn’t get me anywhere)

(Kaiden) #9

Holy… who does that? Annual checkups don’t even include fasting insulin, which is arguably the most important biomarker in the blood stream.