What happened with Jimmy Moore at the weekend?

(Paula Green) #88

I think both KetoTalk and the new podcast are great and have improved. Jimmy does not joke around as much and I think heā€™s doing a great job. I like the new Keto Talk doc - I think he has settled in well.

(Adam Kirby) #89

The ā€œnewā€ guy on Keto Talk is fine but I really liked the rapport Jimmy and Adam had, and that was a context in which Jimmyā€™s stupid silliness worked fine.

(ianrobo) #90

I said earlier in this thread that I did not like Dr Cole at first but he has really grown on me now and they changed the questions a bit as well ā€¦

Of course there are going to be shortly loads of books to be sold :slight_smile:

(ianrobo) #91

And yes back with Doc Nally and KT very good !

(Donna) #92

Richard, Thank you for your transparency.

I came to keto through Fung as well. I am addicted to podcasts and subscribe to a number of them (2ketodudes being the top of my list!), and I youtube keto quite a lot. Iā€™m not a fan of Jimmyā€™s style so only listened to a few of them. But there are enough others out there now, that you can get the information you want from another source.

(Madge Boldt) #93

I am really loving the Keto hacking MD podcast! The hacks they try are things weā€™ve discussed: extended fasting, protein. Thatā€™s it so far because this podcast is fairly new. I like that both JM and the doc try the experiment. You can see the different ways their bodies react.

Keto Hacking MD

(David) #94

Yes, it was interesting. I put stock in the Docā€™s opinions. He really seemed to go into it with an open (if slightly pessimistic mind). His opinions in the podcast were also thoughtful and informed.

I didnā€™t particularly like the way the whole thing was based on what seemed like a quick emailed response from Ted Naiman to a request from JM several months ago for a 14 day meal plan.

During the experiment this was repeatedly referred to as a protocol which gave it an air of something a bit more considered than it perhaps was. Having said that Ted Naiman didnā€™t refine anything on the podcast so it stuck.

Overall, I hope that conclusions arenā€™t drawn from any way of eating simply because of 7 days in one or two people 's lives. This experiment seems to me to lay somewhere between science and entertainment at the end of the day.

(Madge Boldt) #95

I agree with this. Moore did clearly state at the end of that last podcast that theirs was an n=2 experiment, and their results were so different that no conclusion could be drawn other than by the 2 participants for themselves. He will hopefully make this statement often. People donā€™t always listen.

(David) #96

Yes. When I was talking to my doctor about keto, they said it wasnā€™t for them but also gave the example of a person with poor eyesight taking to a person with glasses. The person with glasses says, ā€œhey, I have poor vision too. Borrow my glasses for a minuteā€. When they donā€™t work, the first person says, ā€œyour glasses are rubbish, they donā€™t work!ā€ Iā€™m sure thatā€™s a story plenty of people will have heard before but it struck a chord with me and keto. Itā€™s probably equally applicable to high protein too. :smile:

(David) #97

It was interesting to re - listen to the 2kd podcast featuring Ted Naiman.

(Madge Boldt) #98

I may have to do the same. Thanks for the reminder!

Another podcast Iā€™ve been enjoying is Biohackers Lab. Itā€™s not all about keto, but sime of the guests have been Amber Oā€™Hearn, Ken Berry, Benjamin Bikman. Familiar names. Learning alot!

(David) #99

Awesome. Thanks :smile:

(Rosemary Easter) #100

Thereā€™s almost too much info out there and it sometimes gets confusing. I can be going along really happy with my lifestyle then a blog or video will cause me to become concerned about what I am eating even though I feel so much better.

(Karen Parrott) #101

I keep a big, nice hand written journal so that I write down podcast and ideas that really pop for me. When I test them out I make notes about the date a little bit about what I did and the outcome. That helps me to go back to see what did work and didnā€™t work for me.

Itā€™s interesting for me to see but Iā€™ve had to make more adjustments in weight maintenance than in weight loss. Without the journal I might have double back and gotten stuck. Best wishes and keep doing what works for you. The things Iā€™ve needed to change have really popped out at me in a major way.

(Rosemary Easter) #102

That is a really good idea, will try it.

(Doug) #103

Rosemary, indeed. :thinking: Feeling better is one very good indication that what weā€™re doing, though perhaps not perfect, is vastly better than before. We do have to find what works best for ourselves as individuals - what has helped me a lot is reading what so many other people have to say right on this forum; Iā€™ve been zeroing in on what is the most sustainable and beneficial course for me. Well, thatā€™s what I think, anyway. :wink:

There certainly is conflicting stuff out there. Some of it is just plain false, and a lot of it applies in certain situations, which may or may not apply to us. The basic ketogenic approach and fasting work so well for me that Iā€™m quite content to be patient, perhaps tweaking things as I go along. My real challange is just staying on course.

(Rosemary Easter) #104

I am lucky as I have found it very easy but it is sorting out the false info from the truth and you can always find people to support both sides.

Can someone explain how Jmmy Moore, who is extremely overweight, is a popular spokesperson for the ketogenic diet? I understand that he lost a lot of weight with the ketogenic diet but, he is still obese. That makes me think that either the ketogenic diet doesnā€™t work, or Jimmy Moore does not follow ketogenic diet.

(Bob M) #106

Not everyone can lose all the weight they gained. Sorry, but thatā€™s the way it is.

You still get improvements in:

• skin
  • allergies
  • mental clarity
  • depression
  • skin tags
  • digestion
  • IBS
  • many more I canā€™t remember now

(Joey) #107

@Peanut8 Welcome to the forum. Just curious why your first post is in response to a 4 to 5 year old inactive thread, and youā€™re wondering why Jimmy Moore weighs more than youā€™d like him to despite his talking about the benefits of keto?

Given everything going on around this forum, is this truly your first concern? :thinking: