What does your day of eating keto look like

(Ann) #1

Would like to know how people are meeting their macros.

Coffee in the morning (black).

Maybe a tea in midday or afternoon (black).

Dinner used to be protein and vegetables. Now I’m doing zero carb (only protein). So, for example, tonight I fry ribeye steak in tallow, and a little piece of liver in tallow as well. Also will have a bowl of fatty beef bone broth.

I really don’t count in any way. Perhaps that’s why my loss is so slow.

I usually eat once per day, dinner, call it 20:4 IF.

For dinner I have whatever protein my wife cooks, usually slather some butter or avacado mayo on it, or perhaps horseradish mustard, depends on the meat. Usually some green veg with butter on it and a salad with greens with olive oil / acv or a blue cheese dressing.

Thats probably most days. Weekends I will do a lunch, usually eggs with some type of cheese.

Snacks are very rare. Perhaps some cheese, and/or peperoni, some nuts or some pork rinds with sour cream.

Yea, simple fare.

(Mark) #4

Love that horseradish mustard,put some on the salmon patties I ate last night,used some crushed pork rinds and an egg to hold it all together

(Chris Bair) #5

I’m a little weird. Since January 1st I’ve been making sure to write everything down in Cron-O-Meter before I eat it. This has actually worked exceptionally well (8lbs in 13 days FTW!) but I’m also kinda lazy and don’t want to weigh everything I’m eating so 90%+ of my meals since Jan 1 have been Keto Chow. Last night I did make a dozen deviled eggs, the kids made quick work of those! I ate 4 halves and wrote it down.

Another great topic with some pictures here:

My July 4th Meal
(Julie Anderson) #7

I don’t track macros. I just eat.

I have a BPC with butter & MCT oil in the morning.

When I get hungry, (between 11 & 3 usually) I have heated up leftovers. This is typically about 4 oz. of some type of meat and a side like loaded cauliflower, artichokes or an avocado.

I’m not always hungry at dinner. If I’m not, I don’t eat. If I am hungry, I have a similar serving to what I have at lunch. Often, I’ll just eat 1/2 of it.

I am on maintenance, but this is how I ate while I was losing weight. I’m eating dinner more often now than I did while losing.

Julie

I usually have a half pound rib eye or strip steak for breakfast with a cup of black coffee. For lunch (by 1 or 2PM) I have another protein (maybe three eggs or a chicken thigh or some salmon) with two cups of romaine, and a cup or two of some other cut up green veggies. I put a tablespoon of MCT oil and a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar on it. Sometimes instead of the salad I’ll have spinach or kale and mushrooms (about two cups measured raw of each) cooked in lard or butter or coconut oil. I put pink Himalayan salt on everything. Sometimes I’ll have a cup of green tea later in day. Water throughout day. No dinner or snacks.

(Dave Jay) #9

Hi , I just joined this forum today.
I have been trying to go keto for about a year. Lots of protein and a green veg usually. Never really understood about fat being 70% of calories.
But trying to change that now. For breakfast today - chicken thigh with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
I know I still eat took much protein but am always hungry, so when I feel hungry I might have a slice of ham with a tablespoon of butter. Trying to add lots of good fat to everything I eat.
Not losing any weight but do drink wine socially. Example tonight Super Bowl party. Is wine a couple of times a week a killer? I thought it was low carb.
I don’t have a device to measure ketosis but is that necessary? If so please recommend one.
I know I am doing lots wrong since I am not losing weight, please help me out.

(Jen) #10

Wine is not low carb. I wish it was. I would eliminate wine for 1 month especially if your not fat adapted.

(Jen) #11

Oh. I miss read. You have been Keto for a long time. Wine could be the culprit.

(Pete A) #12

Sample day:

Awake at 5am
Coffee black
10:00 2 hard boiled eggs, 3 strips bacon, teaspoon bacon fat, 2 oz hard cheddar
1:30 6 oz Italian sausage, 5 cherry tomatoes, blue cheese dressing
Afternoon: Bulletproof coffee (tablespoon coconut oil, sometimes butter or heavy cream)
6:30 10 oz roasted chicken, 1/4 cup spinach, tablespoon butter
Sleep at 10pm

Swap sausage/chicken with beef, fish etc

(Lisa) #13

I alternate these two breakfast:
1/2 cup high fat, low carb, Greek yogurt, 4 carbs
1/3 level cup frozen raspberries, 3 carbs
5 drops liquid stevia, 0 carbs
1-2 tsps chia seeds, carbs/fiber cancel each other out, 0 carbs

1fried egg in K-butter w/2 pieces of bacon, 0 carbs
I also have coffee everyday with HWC-Heavy Whipping Cream and Stevia, 0 carbs

Lunch is usually leftovers from the night before like: Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole, 4.5 carbs or Homemade elk/pork patties, 0 carbs or Taco salad with avocado and extra sharp cheese, 5-8 carbs depending on how much avocado I have. Sometimes I have tuna and dip thinly sliced cucumbers into the tuna. Or a small spinach salad with a fatty dressing 3-4 carbs

Dinner is usually lite as I’m not that hungry but if you need Keto dinner ideas check Pinterest but count your own macros as some of them are not correct!
Craving a sweet I have a couple 2-3 small squares of Lily’s chocolate, 1net carb.

(Rob) #14

I’ve been enjoying a ZC lunch and keto dinner for a couple of weeks

Lunch: 3-4 bacon slices, 2 fried eggs, slice or 2 of queso panela (Mexican frying cheese), 1-2oz of Philadelphia (to have with bacon) and lots of home-made Buffalo sauce (Frank’s + butter), a couple of dill pickle spears, swig of pickle juice, a little bit of 85% dark chocolate.

Dinner - 1-2 chicken thighs (w/ skin), 6 oz of cooked/fried sprouts/cabbage/spinach, more buffalo sauce, SF jello with a few raspberries in it and 2oz of erythritol sweetened whipped cream

Roughly 1500-1700 calories, 72% fat, 22% protein, 6% carb - loving it an losing weight (fast)

(Marisa Huffman) #15

I have a six ounce glass of dry red wine most every night and I’m doing good on keto. 3.6 grams roughly of carbs

(Nuklear) #16

7AM - BPC (2T coconut oil, 1T butter, 2T heavy cream & coffee)
Additional black coffee

around 3PM - 2 boiled eggs and 1/2 avocado

Around 6PM - 4-5 oz meat, LC veggie side(s), alfredo sauce if low on fat. Fat bomb for dessert if still low.

What is this avocado mayo you speak of?

I drink a pot of coffee in the AM and espresso until 2PM. I usually have two medium meals for dinner: today had zucchini noodles with lamb/beef meatballs, bacon and eggs. One glass of red wine.

(Dawn) #19

My son is doing Keto with me so we split this pork chop, which was huge! We also had a green salad and 1/2 an avocado, but I never got around to the pic of that. Dinner was unbelievable good! Food never tasted as good as it does on Keto. I broke a 20 hour fast and for Reason ACV and Olive Oil dressing never tatsred better! :joy:

strong text