What does a carnivore order at an all inclusive resort?

(Michael) #1

Three ribeyes, of course!

I put on 10 pounds in 8 days, most likely because I allowed some cheats ( ice cream, cheesecake) in Jamaica.

(Chuck) #2

I went on a 9 day cruise and didn’t gain an ounce. While on the cruise I changed my eating schedule from never eating before noon to eating breakfast, eggs and breakfast meats, then eating the evening meal at about 18:00 of meat, salads and other green vegetables. I did have a small dish of ice cream and chocolate brownie a couple of nights. But we were always active out walking the Bahama islands during the day. I was totally blown away that I didn’t gain weight.

(Bob M) #3

There are a number of factors. If one person is more muscular, it’ll be easier to gain “weight” that can be the muscles filling with glycogen. Carbs = more glycogen.

Walking also helps.

(Joey) #4

On a 9-day cruise, there’s some risk of gaining water weight. :smirk:

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #5

Especially if you fall over board :grimacing:

(Joey) #6

Precisely :smirk:

(Brian) #7

Have never been on a cruise. But if a person can eat choice cuts of meat that’s well made, I can imagine eating very well! :slight_smile:

(Jane) #8

Last year we went on a 10-day Mediterranean cruise and I lost a few pounds instead of gaining.

Every shore excursion was a walking tour so we did a LOT of walking!

I did the same thing as @cvkemp and switched my lunch meal to breakfast and had eggs/omelette/bacon every moning. Lunch was a snack to taste the local cuisine (nibbled off hubby’s plate) and then dinner similar to breakfast. Meats, cheeses, small amount of potato sometimes. No sugar.

I’d get a couple ribeyes, and a cup of clarified butter to dip each bite of meat in. =)

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #10

Fishing rod and tackle plus Lobster net, circumstances providing

(Bob M) #11

I usually do this when I travel, too, particularly if it’s to Europe. They tend to have great breakfasts there.

I also do it on vacation in the US, as the family likes to eat breakfast, and breakfast is by far the easiest meal to get keto. Lunch and dinner are way harder. Breakfast also tends to be inexpensive, relatively speaking.

(KCKO, KCFO) #12

The one time I went to an all inclusive, I had just started out with Keto (not carnavore) eating. I had no problem ate mostly carnivore, I did have salads I dressed with just the vinegar, not their oil. I lost a couple of lbs. because we walked the beach and to town so much.