What do you think of Dr. Berg’s teachings on keto?

(bulkbiker) #176

No worries… we all have done it!..

(Randy) #177

In the last couple of months Dr. Berg has done extended Q and A’s with Dave Feldman, Ivor Cummins, Jason Fung, Thomas Seyfried and Tim Noakes. Not bad for “just a chiropractor”. :wink:

Imagine the quality of his content if he had gotten that 6 hours of nutrition training that MD’s got…

(Alec) #178

Berg talks to the masses. His videos are short for very good reason. The masses struggle with videos longer than 5 minutes. They want a message quick, and then move to the next.

End of the day, he makes money from supplements and google. I bet a lot more than being a chiropractor.

(Justin Traer) #179

I recommend you check out Dr. Rhonda Fitzpatrick. She has a podcast, youtube, and her appearence(s?) on the Joe Rogan Experience are all science packed.

(Aimee Moisa) #180

Thanks JT! :slight_smile:

(Aimee Moisa) #181

@Justin.Traer

Is that Fitzpatrick or Patrick?

(Justin Traer) #182

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #183

Good point, and it’s one of the reasons I have become one of Dr. Ken Berry’s fans. He sounds so folksy and ordinary that the science just slips in under your defences, and you don’t realize how much you’re learning.

I wish I could get him to sit down with some of my rural cousins. He sounds just like them, and I bet they’d listen better to him than to Dr. Berg, who comes across like a city slicker.

(Tony Phillips) #184

Wow. Good info.

(David) #185

I do not think he is bad, he has some valid points, but he is not in my list of primary sources for keto and heath information.

I couldn’t figure out why the guy kind of weirds me out. Then there it was, scientology… Bingo!

Sorry, its irrelevant, but it’s not.

I must say that I do really enjoy Dr. Fung and Dr. Berry. I still have a lot of YouTubeing to do to catch up.

(Omar) #187

He got me in big trouble with the daily 10 cups of vigitables.

Still suffering for the last 6 weeks from following such advice.

Okay, so really no relevant or educational information in this video, but I found it entertaining none the less. Maybe I need to give poor Mr. Berg another shot. I haven’t seen his “sneaky funny” qualities yet.

(Kim Hoover) #189

I love Dr.Adam Nalley also

One of the coolest things on a farm is to watch a half dozen chickens absolutely destroy a watermelon rind. It’s like watching winged piranhas in action.

(Heather ) #191

I’m obsessed with his electrolyte blend. Some people have said they don’t like the flavor but I love it. I got it before I had ever seen his videos. I’m bad at drinking water and this helps me to drink plenty and get plenty of electrolytes. I don’t like the high potassium and low sodium, but I add in an 1/8 tsp of Himalayan in the morning in a shot of water. Do you know any cheaper products are similar to this?

(Carl Keller) #192

Someone here told me “He has the personality of a funeral director” and I have to agree. He does put out some good info, but I am not eating 7-10 cups of veggies per day as he suggests. He also says don’t count veggie carbs…

(Empress of the Unexpected) #193

That was yours truly :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Carl Keller) #194

Yes it was! Now I remember. :wink:

(Diane) #195

I make my own version of ketoaid. I add 1/2 plus 1/8 tsp of pink Himalayan salt and 1/4 tsp of Lite pink Himalayan salt (which is half sodium / half potassium) to 32 oz of water. I add 20 drops of liquid trace minerals. I use 1 packet of True Lemon freeze dried lemon to make it taste better.