What do you call these?

What do you call jalapenos, stuffed with cream cheese, and wrapped in bacon??? My husband and I are discussing… And we’ve decided they are the perfect keto food…

I call 'em poppers, but my husband thinks he invented the recipe LOL

We feel like poppers is too easily confused with the deep fried carbage you get out of the freezer from food service companies! He wants a different name, so they can be differentiated! :slight_smile: (And I call them poppers, too…)

(Doug) #4

Daisy, I’ve seen them called Armadillo Eggs at Tex-Mex themed places. Damn good, regardless. :sunglasses:

Ah yeah… actually we call them “Johnny’s Poppers” in our house to honor their alleged “inventor.”

Since they’re bacon-wrapped poppers, maybe “Boppers?” (groan freely)…

Whatever – they sure are awesome, aren’t they??

Lol!!! He likes boppers… of course, he does…

(Doug) #7

So right, and so good - just about the perfect food, period. :yum: I’ll leave some seeds in for a little more heat.

(LUCAS KRAUSE) #8

I heard them called atomic buffalo turds… I prefer armadillo eggs myself.

https://www.theblackpeppercorn.com/2012/03/atomic-buffalo-turd-jalapeno-poppers-aka-a-b-t/

(Jeremy Storie) #9

Perfection, that’s what they are called :grin:

(Teresa Driver) #10

I have a recipe for that entitled “Devils on Horseback”. I have no idea why.

(Richard) #11

In the BBQ community they are called Atomic Buffalo Turds (or ABT for short) and yes they are absolutely delicious.

(LUCAS KRAUSE) #12

I suppose it is good to know th slang. Are there any other funny BBQ terms for food?

I grew up in south California and we had the tri-tip BBQ, amazing Smoked with California white oak.

I don’t know of many other BBQ terms myself.

(Doug) #13

[quote=“Enigmae, post:12, topic:15796”]
Are there any other funny BBQ terms for food?[/quote]

In parts of the midwestern U.S., I’ve heard of “chips and dip” where the chips are crisp pieces from the outside of a roast hog or smoked pork, and the dip being vinegar-based BBQ sauce. Kentucky, southern Ohio and Indiana…

(LUCAS KRAUSE) #14

Ah i also grew up in the Rockies, and the Rocky Mountain oysters, that is interesting, but I never tried them.

(Doug) #15

Being east of the Mississippi River, we certainly have no claim on the ‘Rocky’ part, but mountain oysters are well known. Never had them, myself - I confess to being squeamish.

(Richard) #16

For an entire list of BBQ terms (funny or not) you can look here.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #18

Cheese-stuffed jalapenos are poppers. Deep fried carbage is DFC. (Like “KFC” but without the angry counter staff.)

Done and done.

(Whitney ) #19

We have always called these “Flavor bombs” in the restaurant!!