What did you take a photo of on your walk today? (feat. CHUNK)

New Year’s Eve, (31/12/2018)

(Meant to post this last night, but forgot.)

I’m hear at the “sick” new 621 club, ringing in the new year!

No seriously, on my way home from work – it gets dark early around here, and yes it’s still cold! This is a newly remodeled office building, with a really cool address sign.

I took several shots, and thought I’d choose the one I liked the most, but I can’t decided. So, I’ll let you do it for me.

Picasso’s Seated Woman with a Book at our local art museum. It was the subject of a provenance challenge last year, as a family claimed that the Nazis looted it from them during WWII. A provenance investigation concluded otherwise. Interesting history, and we had no idea it was a few miles from our house.

It’s amazing what you find in your immediate vicinity when you close the laptop and try something new!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #587

I wonder what the true story is…

(bulkbiker) #588

Local Beach for dog walk today

Seems quite a few others had the same idea!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #589

Hanging out at the mall for some vitD and people watching. 65F today. Nice to be outside.

(Steve) #590

Took the trail to Beaver Lake this morning. :slight_smile:

(less is more, more or less) #591

Dog of the future

(Running from stupidity) #592

:smiley:

The Vanderbilts’ “summer” cottage.

(Running from stupidity) #594

(Troy) #595

Awesome pic!!
Beautiful

Just missing a cape now ( photoshop in lol ) …to go out and conquer this carbage world

(Running from stupidity) #596

I walked to the kitchen and cleaned it, then took a photo of the current order of the hanging utensils, so they can be put back in the same order (unless I decide to change it, but then I’ll take another photo so I know).

(Today is a “not leaving the house” day.)

I do that with my crockery!

(less is more, more or less) #598

Holly might add she was low-carb before low-carb was cool.

(Karen) #599

Oooooh What a lovely useful kitchen! Awfully tidy

(bulkbiker) #600

I spy a sous vide supreme… are they easy to empty? Have been thinking very hard about getting one…

(mole person) #601

That first picture is absolutely brilliant. I could look at it all day. You have a very good eye.

(Andrew Anderson) #602

New rule for the year… if it’s 5 floors or less in my office high rise I’ll take the stairs. 21 flights today!

(Running from stupidity) #603

It had two things going for it in that shot.

1. I had JUST finished cleaning it for over an hour, and

2. Cha was out and I wasn’t eating for the day, so no chance to make it messy at that point.

Although I did fry up the pork rinds a little later, and then it didn’t look quite like that :slight_smile:

We really could use a little more bench space, and drawers. Drawers are so much better than cupboards it’s ridiculous.

Yeah, very. I just slide it 50cm to the sink and tip it up :slight_smile:

They only hold 17L(?) so they’re not all that heavy even full.

I THINK mine (brand is Breville #becauseaustralia) is starting to die as the temp appears to be a bit wonky, but it’s been great. I use it for meat and the Anova for eggs, currently.

If it does die, I think I’ll just get another Anova and clip it to the side and cut a hole in the lid and keep using it where it is.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #604

So I went for five walks out west this is one of the days.