What did you take a photo of on your walk today? (feat. CHUNK)

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #605

Another day these are in reverse order.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #606

More cold but gorgeous terrain

(Empress of the Unexpected) #607

(Running from stupidity) #609

Walked out into the garden for this one. In the first shot you can just spot the hibiscus but up close it was the size of a dinner plate!

(Running from stupidity) #611

Man, that’s crazy

IKR? We’ve got quite a few hibiscus plants & I’ve never seen one that big before.

Lots of photos from extended walks on recent travels. I took so many photos but picked just a few that were taken after very long walks!

These were all taken on my Pixel 3 XL which I got for Christmas. I upgraded from a Pixel 1. It has an amazing camera!

Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure Park

Disneyland at night (it was busy but when isn’t it?)

The Matterhorn at Disneyland

Shoreline Village in Long Beach

A pretty bird at the aquarium in Long Beach

(Running from stupidity) #614

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

(Running from stupidity) #615

Similarish. Kinda.

Love the expression on the guys face :slight_smile:

(Allie) #617

It was still dark when I went to feed them all this morning.

(Running from stupidity) #618

He was a French dude, and was a little surprised that I bothered to ask about taking a photo or two :slight_smile:

It was in 2011, and I was on my way home from taking one of the best images I took in my photography career :slight_smile:

Do we get to see the career defining picture :crossed_fingers::grin:

(Running from stupidity) #620

That’s overstating it a touch :slight_smile:

This is Baron Wolman, who was Rolling Stone’s first photographer, and plenty more besides.

Classic Rock photo gallery at his site

He was here in Melbourne to open an exhibition of his photos, and I interviewed him for a website I was trying to get going, and he was just lovely.

I took my camera, of course, to get an image to run with the article, and just took about four or five right at the end as we we well out of time. Which was a shame, as I loved interviewing him, and he was liking it too because I’d actually done my research and so I had good questions to ask, and knew enough to branch out if he said something that tweaked my interest.

So these are just in his hotel room on St Kilda Rd, no lights, just filtered sliding door to the balcony natural light, one camera, and the best lens ever made (Canon 85/1.2mkII).

I sent him the link to the article and the photo that night, and the next day, he replied wanting to buy the image because he loved it and said was one of the best photos he’d ever had taken of him.

I already loved it, but you can see why I liked it even more then, given who it was I was I was dealing with…

Awesome story & pictures - I can see why he was so happy with them! You have a great eye for a great face :sunglasses:

EDIT - loved his stuff too. Great first photo in the line up :grin:

Hey it is Keto right?

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #623

I don’t know how I noticed an old butterfly wing sticking to this leaf.

(Karen) #624

Not really walking.

Just my dead arm in a sling