What did you take a photo of on your walk today? (feat. CHUNK)

(Allie) #1836

There’s a local marathon running past my house tomorrow and clearly this is the part of the course where the runners have to climb up a street light.

My boy was tired by this point but still smiling :heart:

A random dandelion.

And a doggy event I would like to try taking my Chunk to… :grinning:

That’s a tough race!

(Jane) #1838

My hostas I planted 4 years ago and really looking nice this year!

Dahlia and Clematis

Four years ago we planted 2 cherry trees, 3 pear and 4 apple trees. One pear tree didn’t make it. We added 2 peach trees last year.

The last 2 years we had one apple tree make a small amount of fruit and one pear tree. Nothing on the cherry trees yet.

This year I FINALLY will have some cherries! Won’t be many, but at least it is bearing fruit now so every year should have more.

(Edith) #1839

You may already know this, but you can add ground oyster shell to their feed and that helps harden up their eggs. I also save the egg shells of the eggs we eat and crunch them up. Then I mix them in with dinner scraps or leftovers and give them to the chickens. Also, they love yogurt.

It was sad to see what poor shape they were in. I’m glad they are healing.

(Allie) #1840

Thanks Edith, they have poultry grit already (in bowl so they take what they want) and the egg shells are saved and roasted for ten mins (makes them easier to break up I think) before being crushed and added to the grit bowl. Also a special mineral supplement too :heart:

(Jane) #1841

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1842

The hostas love the weather. The dark green ones are about 4 feet across. Each year they get larger.

(Allie) #1843

Morning walk.
Grass is long :joy:

(Running from stupidity) #1844

CHUNK!

(Allie) #1845

He’s struggling a bit at the moment @juice, my best boy is getting old :frowning:

(Running from stupidity) #1846

BOOOOOOO

(Karen) #1847

Chasing the Big Boy locomotive from Cheyenne to Rawlins

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1848

Nice! I love big and powerful trains. Always have loved them!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1849

Lots of hugs. I’m sorry, Allie. Give him an extra rub down today, from me. :heart:

(Allie) #1850

Thanks @x-Dena-x, I will :heart:

(Jane) #1851

They do! I planted mine 4 years ago and they are gorgeous this year. But not as big as yours… I have hosta envy!! :laughing:

(Randy) #1852

I hope he feels better soon. It’s hard to watch family members (of all species) struggle. Chunk has an awesome life thanks to his awesome mom!!! :heart:

(Jane) #1853

And my tiny Japanese Fringe tree I just planted last month bloomed!

Last one for the season. when out for my walk, literally saw him be born, I wanted to video but I was too far. I have been trying to get a good birth on camera for my daughter’s school.

Second pic is a couple hours later.